18 Ways To Compliment Someones Personality

Appearance based compliments are great, but everyone needs to know they have just as beautiful a soul as they do face.

83031
bestofstockphoto.com

Looks are all the rave in today's society, but sometimes compliments based on looks get old. Sometimes they make us feel gross, diminished, or invisible instead of beautiful and loved, and sometimes it's nice to be reassured that we can still be beautiful even if we look like sh*t. It's nice to know that our personality matches the beauty that people see on the outside, so without further ado, here are 18 ways to let someone know you like them without making it entirely about their appearance.

1. "You make me happy"

2. "You're such a beautiful soul"

A personal favorite right here, this melts my heart into one big, happy puddle.

3. "Your laugh is adorable"

4. "Your smile is contagious"

5. "You radiate good vibes"

6. Notice their behavior

Notice how she shakes her butt when she makes coffee, or how he dances when he makes dinner. Notice how your best friend smiles uncontrollably at her phone when she has a new crush, or how he bites his lip when he concentrates. Notice their behavior, and you notice them.

7. "You're cute when your angry"

Although annoying if you're the angry person, being told your cute or adorable as steam metaphorically blows out of your ears is great. Even through your scowl and serious b*tch face, they still love you, and that's important to let people know.

8. "You're funny"

A classic, but still nice to hear.

9. "You smell nice"

Such a lovely thing to hear! Who doesn't enjoy sitting or standing next to someone who smells absolutely delectable.

10. "I trust you"

The holy grail of compliments.

11. "You make me want to be a better person"

12. "You have a great taste in music"

Or taste in anything! A person's style means so much to them, usually without even realizing it, but it makes them who they are. Complimenting that let's people know you see them; it makes them feel important.

13. "I miss you"

14. "I hope I meet more people like you"

15. "Your ______ is refreshing"

Whether it's their confidence, their sense of humor, or their strength, whatever about them is so much different than the mainstream, we love to hear about it.

16. "You matter to me"

17. "But I like when you make it..."

Usually the ending to a conversation between me and anyone who can cook. Sure, I can make whatever the dish in question is, but it's so much better when you do it.

18. "You make me feel important"

Another personal favorite. I love when people notice how much I care about them.

By no means are compliments to appearances a bad thing, but it can be nice to hear a change every once in a while. If your friend has a bomb new haircut, let her know. If you see a stranger and love their shoes, tell them. If you know someone who is drop dead gorgeous, give her a shout out.

But if you enjoy being around someone, or enjoy their smile, or how they make you feel, don't be afraid to shout it from the roof tops... or maybe just casually drop it into conversation, whichever suits you more. So don't be shy, tell your friends you love them in as many ways as you can, even if you're awkward at doing it.