Communication Is Key In Every Relationship

We live in a society where everyone wants to appear heartless and act as though they don't care about feelings, but the simple truth is that we all have soft spots for people no matter how 'heartless' we pretend to be.

The fact of the matter is, there's nothing wrong with feelings, and more than that, there's nothing wrong with communicating your feelings to others. So, why do so many of us put on a front that we don't care when in reality, we do?

I think this is primarily because there's this stigma around vulnerability--that it makes us look weak. But here's the thing, there's nothing weak about communicating how you feel to the people you love/care about. In fact, it's so important that we communicate with one another.

If you feel out of touch with a friend and want to rekindle a relationship and/or make an attempt to strengthen it, shoot them a text or call them and let them know how you're feeling. If you get in an argument with a loved one, don't hold a grudge and ignore them, try and work it out instead.

If your boyfriend or girlfriend is doing something that seems to upset you or trigger you, don't let it continue without saying something, communicate your concerns so that it doesn't further put a strain on your relationship.

I know I've had my fair share of arguments with family and friends where my reluctance to communicate has resulted in a worse situation, and let me just tell you--it's not worth it. Save yourself the blood, sweat, and tears and just communicate your feelings to those around you.

It's so important that we normalize consistent healthy communication rather than this idea that communicating your feelings to others makes you look 'weak.' Nothing is weak about having healthy relationships--so try to communicate your concerns whenever you get a chance, it will make life a lot easier.