Yes, I'm A College Senior, No, I Haven't Met 'Him' Yet, And That's OK

It’s like we are all expecting to walk into the classroom and make eye contact with the person we are going to spend the rest of our lives with.
571

As I’m finishing up my senior year of college, I cannot help but wonder why I haven’t met him yet.

You would think that after almost four years of self-discovery, things would be different. I have transformed my self-limiting beliefs by journaling, let go of the things I cannot change by practicing yoga, and pursued the dreams that scare me the most, yet I have not attracted him into my life. At least, not yet.

That sounds pretty far-fetched, doesn’t it? I’m not saying that it couldn’t happen, but for most of us, it’s almost like we are choosing an attractive guy to pursue and just hoping that maybe things will work out magically. While this sounds absolutely beautiful and all, it’s just not reality.

I do believe that the people we attract into our lives are dependant on the energy that we give off. If you’re the type of person who makes light of every situation, no matter how good or bad, people will want to be around you. At the same time, just because you are a positive person doesn’t mean you are going to find your soulmate in college.

I am not saying that you should completely give up.

Take advantage of this time where let’s face it: most people aren’t looking to find their soulmate. Flirt with the guy in your class, go out on dates, but for God’s sake, quit worrying about the outcome. Let go of the fact that you like to be in control of everything in your life and focus on going after opportunities, not people.

SEE ALSO: 21 Dating Lessons College Girls Learn At 21

I understand that there are people out there who have found their soulmate in college, and maybe some of them don’t even know it yet. While I am sure that is an incredible feeling, it kinda scares the shit out of me. I am 21 years old, there are so many places I still want to see, so many things I still want to do. If a guy does not want to be by my side, doing those things with me, or at least encouraging me to go after them, then I just don’t have time for him.

Yes, I know a relationship is a two-way street and I am not saying that I wouldn’t do the same for him, but it is so incredibly difficult to come across someone who believes in what I am saying.

I know that I am not the only one who feels this way.

It’s not that we are desperately out there looking for someone, it’s the fact that we, as women, have chosen to better ourselves first and are just waiting on the Universe to answer our prayers. My hope is that those of you reading this can learn to make peace with your current situation and accept the fact that there is someone out there dying to meet you, he may even be reading this article, you really just never know.