23 Thoughts College Seniors Experience With Early Onset Senioritis

Endorse me on LinkedIn so I know it's real.
152

Going into my last year of college, I'm basically stuck in the middle of thinking, "I'm over this crap, get me out," and "I dunno if I can handle the real world."

I think most of us seniors can relate (no matter if this is your fifth year in college or what) because let's be real, it's almost impossible to graduate in four years. I worked my ass off to get to my last year, and I could not be more stoked for what's about to come.

Let's enjoy it while it lasts...or not. Here are 23 thoughts you have if you are a college senior with early onset Senioritis:

1. “Why are all my freaking classes in the same classroom?

Guess I'll just camp out in this room. Part of me is thankful for not having to walk so far but part of me also makes up excuses to leave just so I can have a change of scenery.

2. “Oh hey- there’s that guy I had a class with once. Should I say hi? Does he even remember me? Nope, he’s walking away, nevermind.”

Damn it, what was his name?

3. “I literally see the same people every day.”

When you get into your major classes, be prepared to see the same faces way more often. It's great because you're never really in a class where you don't know a single soul, but you just pray that you don't have to work with that one person again for your group project.

4. “Maybe I should start dressing like I actually care.”

Ha, good one! I will only look good on presentation days.

5. “The truth is, I do care. About graduating. And I will say yes to just about anything that makes that process easier.”

I will take all the help that I can get.

6. “No, I do not want to join your club. I am out of this b-”

Chances are you're already involved on campus. Yes, I've done my deed, go find the freshmen.

7. “What’s an 8 AM? I don’t know her.”

Who is she?

8. “Why did I put this science class off until the last minute?”

The actual class is easy but sitting through an hour long lecture with a bunch of immature freshmen is not.

9. “Do people actually still buy all of their textbooks?”

At this point, you've probably shared books with your friends or rented most of them. Hello, Amazon Prime.

10. “Endorse me on LinkedIn so I know it’s real.”

"Get a LinkedIn," they said. "It'll be great for your career," they said.

11. “Paying to print is stupid but so is also waiting until the morning your assignment is due.”

You'd think we knew not to wait until the last-minute to do things by now.

12. “I actually don’t mind this class...something must be wrong, maybe I should just drop it?”

Okay, not all of your classes will suck. Especially when you're taking major electives and are actually interested in the topic. Don't question it.

13. “Whoever said I’d grow out of this ‘let-me-just-buy-chick-fil-a-for-breakfast-everyday’ habit was so wrong.”

RIP to my wallet.

14. “Will you take this class with me so we can suffer together for one more semester?”

That's what friends are for, right?

15. “If I have to comment, ‘Yes, I agree with you, Danny,’ on one more discussion post, I might lose it.”

Nothing like a good 'ole discussion post.

16. “How did I get stuck in a group of people who don’t even know the difference between ‘there’ ‘they’re’ and ‘their’ by senior year of college?”

I don't mind proof-reading the paper but oh my god, seriously?

17. “I can definitely keep a straight face while online shopping in class.”

Just don't walk behind my laptop.

18. “I should probably stop online shopping in class.”

I just learned that our attention spans are shorter than goldfishes' apparently.

19. “What if I just dropped out right now?”

Don't do it!

20. “Unpaid internships should be illegal.”

Yes, I know I get class credit but how do you expect me to work at my regular job, take 15+ credit hours and drive an hour to intern for your company just so I can get "experience?" Is it really worth it?

21. “I might not be in love with my major, but I’m broke so... accounting it is.”

I'm only kidding, if accounting is your thing, by all means, go for it! Definitely not my thing, I'd rather be broke.

22. “My resume looks like it’s about to explode off the page so I should be good, right?”

Maybe I should have someone look over it again for the hundredth time.

23. “Will anyone even want to hire me after graduation?”

Please hire me, I swear I'm a hard worker.