Another Classic, But Controversial Game Between The Cavs And Warriors

A couple of questionable calls may have been the difference in this game.

9
Wikipedia

Another Classic, but controversial game between the Cavs and Warriors

The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors had an intense rematch on Christmas of their epic seven-game series from the last season’s NBA Finals and again, the Cavaliers came back and won it. However, there were a couple of calls in the game that potentially changed the outcome of the game.

Kyrie Irving of the Cavaliers did it to the Warriors again, getting 27 points, 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 6 steals and again hit the clutch shot with less than 10 seconds left that would be the game winner for the Cavaliers. Irving’s clutch shot against the Warriors was reminiscent of his three-pointer in the last minute of Game 7 against the same team that would help bring a championship to Cleveland.

For the Warriors, Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson played very well combining for 60 points, and Durant had 15 rebounds. However, the 2-time league MVP, the defending scoring champion Stephen Curry, once again struggled again against the Cavaliers, going 4 for 11 from the field. Also, the Christmas woes continue for Curry, before his game against the Cavaliers on Sunday, he only averaged 11 points on Christmas games according to USAToday. And against the Cavaliers, he only scored 15 points. If the Warriors want to beat the Cavaliers, Curry is going to have to show up.

However, there were a couple of calls in the game that went against the Warriors. Draymond Green was called for a foul that Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy who were calling the game, said was not a foul. This foul led to Green getting a technical foul. In the fourth quarter, when LeBron James dunked the ball, he hanged on the rim for a couple seconds and Jackson again on commentary said that James hanging on the rim for that long should be a technical foul. And lastly, the last play of the game, Richard Jefferson of the Cavaliers appeared to step on Kevin Durant’s foot, making him fall with the ball and not being to get a good look to win it for the Warriors. The NBA came out and said that play should’ve been called a foul. Despite the Warriors not getting these calls, they had a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter, so they had their opportunities to close this game.

The Cavaliers and Warriors will play again on January 16th, but this time it will be in Golden State and fans will be looking forward to seeing the favorites to be in the Finals for the 3rd straight year.