Why I Want To Live In A City

The Energy Of A City Is So Inspiring

There is just something inspiring about cities. They offer a world of opportunity.

43
The Energy Of A City Is So Inspiring
Isabel Hall

Growing up, I lived in a suburb.

While you could drive to a city, there wasn't much going on in the immediate area, and I felt kind of stagnant. As it came time to pick a college, I looked at a variety of locations. I visited small universities in rural areas and large universities in urban settings. I found myself more drawn to the cities, somewhat due to the convenience of everything, but also because I felt more connected to an urban setting. Ultimately, I chose to attend Ohio State, located in the city of Columbus.

Living in a city has proven to be a lot different than living in a suburb. Things can be more expensive, there is a lot more traffic, there are more things to do, and not everything closes at 9 p.m. It may not be as a huge difference as moving from a rural area to a city, but the lifestyle and environmental changes are definitely noticeable.

After living in a city throughout my college life, I cannot see myself moving back to a suburban area. I plan on looking to live in a city in the future, either downtown or within close proximity. I enjoy the energy that cities have; there is always something to do, no matter what day it is. I also enjoy how there are many opportunities available; it's hard not to find something you're interested in, whether it's a job or a hobby. Living in Columbus has allowed me to explore many different, diverse work and internship opportunities, and I continue to look for even more.

There is just something inspiring about cities; they may seem almost overwhelming, but to me, they offer a world of opportunity. It may be more difficult to get peace and quiet, but I enjoy the constant energy. City energy is unmatched, and while my hometown provided a great foundation, it's time for me to become a city girl.