Embrace Christmas Love: Heartfelt Letter to My Boyfriend

Christmas Love: A Heartfelt Letter to My Boyfriend

You are my favorite gift.

150194
A joyful couple reading a Christmas letter

Dear Boyfriend,

Merry Christmas! Spending another Christmas with you is enough of a gift for me. This is the time for me to tell you how grateful I am for you, which I often forget it in the light of Christmas chaos.

Who would have imagined that when we met that we would mean so much to each other now. You have nudged your way into my anxious and guarded heart in the smoothest of fashions. There is no one that I would rather spend the holidays with, no one I would rather drag to the mall for holiday shopping, and no one I would rather struggle with when trying to find the "perfect" present that tells you how much I love you. I can not wait to engulf ourselves into winter activities and there is no one I would rather have pull me around on ice skates. I am taking this time to thank you for all you have done for me in 2015... you surely deserve it.

Thank you for dealing with my anxious personality.

Boyfriend comforting anxious girlfriend inside tepee hut with lightsPhoto by Jonathan Borba on Unsplash

I know it can't be easy dealing with someone who makes up unlikely scenarios in their head or cries at the slightest moment of being overwhelmed. You have been such a comfort to me, more than you could ever imagine. You constantly surprise me about how loving and caring you are.

Thank you for pumping my gas.

Person holding a Starbucks mug@starbucks

Thank you for always doing the little things for me, pumping my gas being a personal favorite. Whether it's bringing me Starbucks on a cold morning or scratching my head to sleep, you always go out of your way to make me happy.

Thank you for being apart of my family.

Family and friends in front of Christmas tree

Although I think my family may possibly like you more, you recognize how important my family is to me and have been in no way short of showing them love. You are not just a part of my life, but theirs as well and that makes them incredibly happy.

Thank you for sharing your closet with me.

man and woman standing under blue sky with hatsPhoto by Chermiti Mohamed on Unsplash

Well, I guess I really mean letting my throw all my clothes over your floor and leaving shoes in your closet for months at a time. Even though you already warned me that I can't do that when we move in together.

Thank you for taking care of me when I am sick.

man kissing woman foreheadPhoto by Allef Vinicius on Unsplash

Whether it is surgery or a case of the sniffles you are the first to surprise me with soup, a box of tissues, and some well-needed cuddles. It takes an extra special person to kiss me, well aware that you could get sick.

Thank you for being an overall great person.

silhouette of hugging couplePhoto by Oziel Gómez on Unsplash

I have never been more impressed with someone who is constantly concerned about others and their well-being. You are more than willing to put others before yourself and I admire and respect you for that. You constantly impress me and there is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for you.

With more love than you could ever imagine,

Me.