Best Halloween Movies

13 Halloween Movies From Your Childhood You Need to Watch Right Now

This is Halloween, this is Halloween

70
https://torange.biz/photo/40/IMAGE/halloween-backgrounds-picture-40468.jpg
Disney Channel//Twitches

It is FINALLY fall, and with fall comes spooky season. Whether you prefer scary or heart-warming stories, this list has you covered. Of course, watching all the movies from your childhood might spark a little nostalgia, but it is definitely worth it.

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

I'm convinced that this movie was the baseline for creating half of the Halloween decorations made to date. This is one of the ultimate classics and a must-watch for everyone.

2. Hocus Pocus (1993)

If you haven't seen this yet, you probably need to get your October priority list in check. I only own three DVDs, and this is one of them. Everyone has seen it and loved it, and you will, too.

3. Monsters Inc. (2001)

Although not always thought of as the most Halloween-esc movie, how can it get scarier than monsters? It's also just a good movie, so even if you don't watch it to feel in the Halloween spirit, you should still watch

4. Twitches (2005)

Twitches? Twin witches? What else could you ask for? Tia and Tamara Mowery, regardless of character, are always a good childhood go-to.

5. The Addams Family (1991)

I cannot go a Halloween without watching this one. Although some years it is played a little too often, it's still a goodie. Their family may be a little crazy, but whose isn't?

6. Beetlejuice (1988)

I'm not sure if this was as much of a necessity for everyone else's family, but it was one that my family made sure I watched. Definitely a little scary for younger crowds.

7. Edward Scissorhands (1990)

Yet another movie that scared younger me that I really enjoy now. Of course, he's a little scary looking and has scissors for hands (hence the name), but he's still pretty okay.

8. Tower of Terror (1997)

If you've ever been to a Disney park, you've heard of this movie and felt the absolute fear that comes with riding it. A high-quality movie, and high-quality ride.

9. Casper (1995)

After watching a couple scary movies, it's definitely not a bad idea to boost your spirits (haha... get it?) with the most friendly ghost of them all.

10. Halloween (1978)

Might as well go straight from the kindest movie to your heart to one of the movie's that is likely to scare you to death. It might also explain why there are so many people walking up and down the street with creepy white masks on.

11. Ghostbusters (1984)

Another classic Halloween costume for another classic Halloween movie. It's not that scary, but it's a good laugh.

12. The Haunted Mansion (2003)

People always forget about this one, but it is honestly one of my favorites. Eddie Murphy was in a lot of the movies I watched growing up, so this holds a special place in my heart.

13. Halloweentown (1998)

This is my ultimate FAVORITE movie. Not only just during Halloween time, but one of the best all year round. I would definitely recommend watching this one and all of the sequels.

Also...

Happy Halloween!!!!