Change Is A Part Of Life, And We Must Try To Enjoy Every Second Of It

Don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened.

3
Savanna Stevie

I have two sisters, and recently all three of us have gone through a breakup. Even though each of our relationships lasted for different periods of time, we all still felt the pain that comes with heartbreak. Luckily, we have each other to lean on during these difficult times. All three of us are being given a change in our lives and how we go about this changing process will determine where we go from here. Point A is where we stand right now, picking up the pieces of our hearts and Point B is where we long for, our hearts whole again and ready for love.

How we get to Point B is a great question. For some people, they spend their entire lives trying to figure out how to find their true happiness, but that is because they are looking in all the wrong places. Happiness isn't hidden in secret spots that are impossible to find, it's actually right in front of our faces. It's all around us, in the people we meet, the places we go and the things that we do. I know we all probably wish that we could pick up our happiness and put it in our pocket to keep forever, but sadly that isn't how it works. Gaining happiness is how we go about every day. If you wake up thinking it's going to be the worst day ever, then it probably will be, but if you wake up and try to enjoy all the things around you, even if they are small, you will soon realize that happiness is always within our reach.

When your heart is broken and you are trying to put all the pieces of it back together, finding your happiness may seem harder, but that is just an illusion. We put up a front that makes it harder to let good things in, but if you just clear your mind and get back into a good headspace you'll see that your happiness isn't so far away after all.

Going back to my sisters and I, even though we might not think it now, this change we are being put through may be the best thing for us. After several years, all three of us are single again. This is our time to get closer with each other and with ourselves. There is nothing holding us back anymore and I think that is exciting. We now get to make our own memories to reminisce on and watch ourselves grow as a person. Change is a crazy thing and it can be very scary to go through at times, but it's also a magical experience. One day you look back and are able to see how far you've come.

During our lifetime, we will meet many different people and we will also lose people who we were once close with, but that's all part of the process. You can't grow as a person without change and those who we lose through the process just weren't meant to be with us through it all, but there are plenty of people who we have yet to meet that will stick with us until the end. We can't be sad that a part of our life is over, we must be happy that it happened.