Celebrating 15 Years Of Elle With 15 Quotes

Favorite sayings from everyone's favorite blonde.
28

It has been 15 years since we were graced with the character that is Elle Woods. Every female has admired Elle. I won best defense attorney for Mock Trial in Middle School after deciding I wanted to be a lawyer thanks to Elle. Here are 15 of Elle's top quotes to celebrate the 15 years she's been inspiring us.

1. Hi. I'm Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods. We're both Gemini vegetarians.

I have never done this with my Chihuahua. Okay, yeah that's a blatant lie. Please don't put me up against Elle in court on this one, because I'm as guilty as Chutney.

2. It has come to my attention that the maintenance staff is switching our toilet paper from Charmin... to generic. All those opposed to chafing, please say "Aye."

Because I mean, who isn't opposed to chafing. She taught girls that there are some things that you just can't compromise.

3. Ugh. All day long I felt like white open-toed shoes after Labor Day.

To some, Labor Day is a day to barbecue and hang out on the lake. To others, it is the day that divides your closet. Anything white goes into storage and out comes the plaid.

4. It's called the "Bend and Snap."

With that revelation, Elle Woods changed the world (and also the UPS guy's nose shape) forever.

5. He's gay!! Enrique is gay!

Let's be real, the bedazzled matador jacket kind of gave him away from the start, but don't call the girl out on her last season shoes. She will fight back with a vengeance and take you down.

6. I have always respected redheads as members of a hair color minority.

Realizing the struggles and differences of others is an important skill. Elle had this down pat way back when.

7. Whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed.

I will agree with you there. Orange has its place — Clemson or Tennessee. That's about it. You don't see girly girls decking everything out in orange now, do you. Fifteen years later, orange is still not the new pink.

8. I worked so hard to get into law school. I blew off Greek Week to study for the LSATs.

As a middle schooler, I had no clue how important Greek Week was. Now that I'm in a sorority, I can fully appreciate the sacrifice that Elle made.

9. The rules of hair care are simple and finite. Any Cosmo girl would have known.

It was at that moment I began stockpiling Cosmo magazine in a drawer under my bed. My mom would tell me to throw them away, but I told her it was for future research for my law career.

10. Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't.

How many times have you heard on the news about a woman returning home from spin class or a hot yoga session to kill their husband. Yeah, that's what I thought. Another point for Elle.

11. You know, you're really being a butthead.

Even hot older guys need to be called out on when they're being buttheads. Let's face it, sometimes you have to resort back to elementary school insults to sink down to their level of stupidity. Emmett was totally being a butthead.

12. I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappi Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything.

Elle knows. There are very few guys who can look good in tighty-whiteys. Frat guys with dad bods are not those guys. No one can tell the horrors that Elle has seen.

13. If I'm gonna be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm 30, I need a boyfriend who's not such a complete bonehead.

So take that, Warner! You honestly never deserved someone as smart, determined, and underestimated as Elle anyways. We all knew she was too good for you the moment you broke up with her for being too blonde. As if there is such a thing.

14. I'm never going to be good enough for you, am I?

This is probably one of the funniest to me because if anything, Elle is way too good for Warner. He wants a smart woman but is unable to appreciate the smart woman that he already has.

15. Exactly. Because isn't it the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance that you're forbidden to wet your hair for at least twenty-four hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the ammonium thioglycolate?

May or may not have typed that from memory. Just kidding, I totally did because I have used this quote more in my everyday life than I'm proud to admit. This scene is a cinematic great. If you disagree, you're wrong. So suck it, Chutney.