break up lines
relationships

5 Breakup Lines That Are Way Better Than 'It’s Not You It’s Me'

It's time to retire the good ole "it's not you, it's me."

62
https://unsplash.com/photos/FHvpa4-Fpu8

Ending a relationship is never easy, and deciding how to end it is even worse. The worst thing you can do is pull out the overused, nonexplanatory saying, "it's not me it's you." After you say this you are forced to answer the millions of questions that follow.

1. "I am not emotionally ready."

This line will allow yo to explain how you are emotionally shut up and are not ready to start up a new relationship. You have dealt with trust issues in your past and you cannot bring yourself to open up and fully commit to a new person.

2. "I don't see us working long-term."

http://www.gurl.com/2013/04/25/stop-biting-nails/raven-symone-chewing-gum-nervous/

There is something in your partner that you do not like and that would prevent you two from lasting a lifetime. This is your chance to further explain what you don't appreciate your partner does and how they could potentially get better at it.

3. "I enjoy being single."

Now is not a good time for you to be in a relationship because honestly, you do not feel like committing. The idea of being obligated to do something or spend time with someone is upsetting to you. The truth is, you want your freedom more than you want a relationship.

4. "I need to work on myself first."

You need to gain confidence, work a job, or learn to be independent. Whatever it may be, you need to work on yourself before you can provide for your partner. You know your relationship cannot thrive if you can't mentally and physically be there for your partner, so you need to let them know you need time to grow.

5. "I want to try something new."

If you are used to being in relationships or don't like committing, then this is something you should explain. You don't want to drag someone in a relationship that when you are not 100 percent committed.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Be clear and hold back real feelings or concerns you have regarding your relationship. Everyone wants closure, and you can't get that from a vague one-liner break up.