The Break-Up Playlist You Need

The Break-Up Playlist You Need

Ten songs you should have just in case you need it.

398
The Break-Up Playlist You Need
Juja Han

After a semester of talking about relationships and then doing a huge project about the friend zone and failed relationships for class, I have decided that it's time to connect music to the not so happy side of relationships. I mean we all have to have been there (or will be there) at some point. It's that moment when you realize that guy or girl you have been pining over is honestly not worth waiting for. Or that moment when you realize that you actually can do better and that the person you've been "talking" to or dating is actually kind of the worst. Well, this playlist is for you because you are going to need music for this time.

1. Potential Breakup Song. You cannot have a sassy breakup playlist without this song. First of all, the word "breakup" is in the title, so it deserves to be first on this playlist. You just need to scream the chorus along with Aly & AJ and you will feel it deep in your soul.

2. Before He Cheats. Another classic, and one of the few times I will claim country music. Carrie Underwood knew what she was doing when she made this song. I don't suggest following the actions, but feel free to live vicariously through her words.

3. A Drop In the Ocean. This one is suggested by Hannah M., and I have to agree. Sometimes you need a song that will bring on the tears, some hardcore crooning with Ron Pope, and then just get all up in your feels.

4. How Am I Doin'. This is a Dierks Bentley song, which means it's country... maybe I am more into country music than I thought. However, it is a fun song about getting over that person who did you wrong, and how you are doing very well now. (You'll get there I promise!)

5. Miss Movin' On. Fifth Harmony, when there were five, had me on my bed in high school claiming that I would not hold on. The goal is to start from scratch and shake it off like an etch-a-sketch.

6. Survivor. This song was made to throw shade at some of the members who left Destiny's Child, but it is still a song that can be connected to rising above the one you left behind and remember your momma raised you better than that.

7. Titanium. I love this song by David Guetta. The reason it ended up on here is to remind you that even though it hurts and kind of sucks, you are bulletproof with nothing to lose. Once again, screaming is recommended for this song.

8. Never Enough. I would be failing you if I did not mention this song from The Greatest Showman. I am pretty sure I cried in the theater because it is beautiful and too relatable. I'm not sure if she is saying that fame will never be enough or where they are at in their relationship will never be enough. All I know is that it's on my list because I think it fits.

9.Sorry Not Sorry. Demi Lovato is reminding you that you should not be sorry for saying goodbye. You are a ten, the tables have turned, and no second chances will be given.

10. Bulletproof. I'm bringing a throwback in because La Roux is right. You will learn, and next time baby you'll be bulletproof.

Those are just 10 songs that I think should be on there, but what are some songs that you totally vibe with during this time?