What We Know From The Branson MO Duck Accident
News

If You're Swearing Off Duck Tours After The Tragic Branson Duck Accident, Here's Why You Shouldn't

Life is short, and bad things happen, but enjoy the good things while you're living.

56
duck boat

In life, bad things happen every day. The tragic Branson duck accident is one of the more recent heartbreaks. One minute you're having fun on a family vacation, and the next, disaster strikes. My heart hurts for those involved and their families deeply. However, I won't let this tragedy keep me from having new experiences.

When tragedy strikes, many swear off whatever caused or served as a medium for the tragedy to happen.

Some won't ride roller coasters because they know someone fell off of one. Some won't go surfing because they know there is the possibility of a shark attack. Now, some aren't going to ride duck boats because of the possibility of sinking.

Why?

In life, you never know when it's your time to go. Some die suddenly and unexpectedly; sometimes we have a good idea of when someone we know may be dying. If we don't know when our time is up, why would we live in fear and limit ourselves?

The Branson duck accident is one that will haunt many forever. It will always be in the back of my mind when I see one of the duck boats on the water. When I see one, however, I still want to ride it.

I'm not saying that we should do reckless things that could possibly kill us for no reason. I'm saying don't let fear keep you from experiencing life.

So many lost their lives in the Branson duck accident. It is so tragic, but it is something that doesn't just happen all the time. There are always going to be those unpredictable freak accidents, and this was one of them.

I will still ride the duck boats. It's an experience that not everyone has, and while I will think about those that so tragically lost their lives, I won't let that tragedy stop me from living my life, just like it shouldn't stop you from living yours.

Don't limit yourself in fear of another's tragedy. Honor their memory and live your life fully and actively doing whatever makes you happy.

Life is short; fill it to capacity with love and experience.