Instead Of Donating To Rebuild Notre Dame, Donate To Help Humans

What If People Cared More About Human Suffering Than They Do About Rebuilding A Building?

Imagine if people put that amount of money towards Flint, those who are starving, or children trying to go to school.

130

The beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris went ablaze as millions of people watched from around the world. As unfortunate as it was, the burning of the Cathedral was a portrayal of the temporary aspect of life.

Yet some people took the church's fate more seriously than necessary.

French President Emmanuel Macron stated that he wanted the church rebuilt in five years. The University of Notre Dame in Indiana donated $100,000 to the Cathedral. Imagine if people put that amount of money towards Flint, those who are starving, or children trying to go to school.

People need to start putting money into people.

There was a post on Facebook where a woman told people not to donate to the Cathedral, despite being Catholic herself. She said something along the lines of, "God doesn't care about stained glass, he cares about humans."

After all, the Cathedral is just a building. It lasted for centuries and it was historical, but not all of it was ruined.

Climate change is attacking the world, fast. It's about time people really start to take a look at the things for the future, not things that have already passed.