If He Tells You You're 'Too High Maintenance,' Dump Him

Ladies, You Can Do Better Than The Guy Who Tells You You're 'Too High Maintenance'

No matter the situation, follow your gut and don't ignore the signs that he isn't the one. There is nothing wrong with you, he just needs to work on himself. The right guy is out there, and you are worthy of love. Good things take time.

528

This goes out to all of the girls right now who are questioning their own worth, because of a guy who just doesn't know what an amazing girl he has in front of him. You are so much more than a hookup and you deserve so much better.

You are better than that, and deserve better than to be treated any less than the princess you are.

In today's society, us women have been so accustomed to being mistreated by men, and it has got to stop. This is most prevalent to me in the realm of dating in college. Time and time again I have heard stories about the guys who want the benefits of a girlfriend, without the label. They will get what they want, and after they get it, the effort stops.

It is not fair to go out of your way for someone who doesn't even want or hasn't even put a label on something. Playing hard to get is a concept that seems to have been forgotten in this day in age because of the fear that if you play hard to get, you will lose the guy because you are "too high maintenance" and are "asking for too much."

This is just utterly false.

You are not asking for too much, but asking to be treated with the respect you deserve and if a guy is not willing to make you feel like a priority, and not play childish games like only texting at 3 a.m. to hookup, or when its convenient for him.

Nothing will change unless we take steps to ensure it does.

It is time that if someone is not treating you like a priority, do not go out of your way to make them one. Men will go after what they want, and what they find important to go after, and handing them the benefits of having a girlfriend, without having them work for it will lead to nothing but heartbreak.

The sad truth is that the nice guys that would treat us right, are often friend-zoned because we just do not know how to handle someone treating us with respect and not coming onto us like we are used to. For some reason, we like to go after the guys who just don't seem to care, because for some reason we think he will change for us, and the sad truth is he won't. If he is ignoring texts, not wanting to bring you around his friends, not wanting to post anything about you, or only wants to hang out alone or at night...run.

Go find someone who will put the effort in, and hey, it might just be the guy you were quick to put in the friend zone.

So its time to become unavailable sometimes, to leave them on read and to realize when it is time to just walk away. There is nothing wrong with walking away from a situation that is not mutually beneficial. By nature, men are hunters, which mean they enjoy the chase, and if they don't have to chase anymore, they won't — and it's the sad truth.

They will most often than not, want to come back into your life once you are already gone, and running back to them is often the first instinct. But remember the reason you walked away, and be strong enough to stick with that decision.

Your college years are the best years of your life and you should never let a guy come between you and your happiness. It is easier said than done to walk away from someone you have feelings for, but letting them mistreat you just isn't worth it. Your time is valuable in general and don't waste your energy. Being lonely could very well be the reason why people settle for less, because the concept of any attention, is better than no attention, is what is gone after.

It is OK to be alone. It might be hard but isn't that better than crying over someone who leaves you questioning yourself and the decision you made to put so much effort into them.

Use this time to focus on yourself and better yourself, for you. No one will love you until you love yourself, and once you have established self-love, you will settle for nothing less than you deserve. A good guy is worth the wait, even if the people around you are in relationships or it is "cuffing" season.

No matter the situation, follow your gut and don't ignore the signs that he isn't the one

There is nothing wrong with you, he just needs to work on himself

The right guy is out there, and you are worthy of love.

Good things take time.