Best Troy And Gabriella Moments in High School Musical

13 Troy And Gabriella Moments To Celebrate 13 Years Of 'High School Musical'

"No matter where life takes us, nothing can break us apart."

Mau
Mau
206

It's 2019, which means "High School Musical" came out 13 years ago. Thanks to this franchise, we got memorable characters, catchy songs, and a beautiful love story: Troy and Gabriella. Here, we highlight 13 moments from all three movies to commemorate 13 years of a childhood-favorite musical series.

13.  "Just Wanna Be With You"

Play

This performance was spectacular because it was during the final showcase of the "High School Musical" franchise. They literally traveled all the way from California to New Mexico to save the show. It also showed how strong Troy and Gabriella's relationship is.

12.  The callback audition 

Breaking Free

"It'll be like the first time we sang together. Remember? Like kindergarten." Troy made Gabriella's nerves go away and they belted out the classic "Breaking Free." Then Troy kissing Gabriella on the cheek at the end was super adorable.

11.  The treehouse scene

Romance

Here's to another top secret hiding place. This scene tackled Gabriella and Troy's futures, which I believe was such as a mature moment. They support one another's decisions and is willing to make their relationship work.

10.  "My prom is wherever you are."

college

Troy willing missed his prom to be with Gabriella, and it was super adorable! And the dance sequence was EVERYTHING.

9. When Troy gives Gabriella the "T" necklace

High School

The infamous "T as in Troy" necklace. I wonder if he went to Jared for that? Anyways, it is the cutest gesture of "High School Musical 2."

8. When they find out they both attend East High

Hallway

This was amazing because they both thought that their story was over, but it is only just beginning.

7. "Out of the pool!"

Troy and Gabriella

Though Troy was late to their date, he made his apology spontaneous. How can Gabriella ever turn him away? It was funny how there was a sweet underwater scene, but then they get busted by Mr. Fulton. They are such awesome rebels.

6. Troy and Gabriella's first kiss

Lanterns

"FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY!" - 7 year old me.

5. All the rooftop garden scenes

Garden

What I love about the rooftop garden scenes is how Troy trusts Gabriella to join him in his secret hideout, and now it is theirs.

4. "You Are the Music In Me"...Like UM...THIS IS CUTE!

Piano

The way they just sing to one another like there is no one else in the room is phenomenal. I just can't get enough.

3. When the sprinklers went off

Picnic

When Troy and Gabriella's picnic was ruined, but they made the most out of it and just danced in the sprinklers. Talk about romantic!

2. 32.7 miles away from you 

Troy and Gabriella

Is it just me or did this not make anybody else cry? Even though they will be at different universities, they can still visit one another and probably sing every time they see each other!

1. "The Start of Something New"

Singing

Remember the guy who brought up Troy and Gabriella on stage at the New Year's party and said, "someday you guys are going to thank me for this"? Let's give this man a hand for pushing these two to sing the song that will forever be a "High School Musical" classic.

Through the breakups, make-ups, and iconic duets, Troy and Gabriella will forever be an iconic Disney Channel couple. They were not perfect, but they were perfect for each other. I loved them when "High School Musical" came out in 2006, still love them in 2019, and will never stop loving them for years to come. Thank you Disney Channel and Kenny Ortega for giving us this amazing and unforgettable franchise!