YA Book Quotes

27 Quotes That Prove Young Adult Books Can Be Meaningful

Just because they're for young adults, doesn't mean they can't teach us something.

129
PixaBay

Whether you've read the "Hary Potter" series eight-times through, or stick only to the classics - it is undeniable that young adult books contain lessons of great value.

1. "When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind."

- Wonder by RJ Palacio

2. "You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all."

- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

3. "We'll just have to try to make better mistakes tomorrow."

- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Braken

4. "Some things you can never leave behind. They don't belong to the past. They belong to you."

- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

5. " 'You could rattle the stars,' she whispered. 'You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.' "

- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

6. "You're in the right place at the right time, and you care enough to do what needs to be done. Sometimes that's enough."

-The Night Circus by Eric Morgenstern

7. "I have a feeling that once you live through something like this, you become a little bit invincible."

- If I Stay by Gayle Forman

8. "Sometimes you don't look very hard for things you don't believe will or can happen."

- The Maze Runner by James Dashner

9. "But consider this: how could light be needed if darkness had not preceded it?"

- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

10. "Sometimes, as we're stumbling along in the dark, we hit something good."

- Angelfall by Susan Ee

11. "If you have a soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. Whatever the color, the shape, the design of the shade that conceals it, the flame inside the lamp remains the same. You are that flame."

- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

12. "Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it."

- Divergent by Veronica Roth

13. "Everything's a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It's up to you."

- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

14. "The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain."

- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

15. "There were different kinds of strength. I knew that now. It didn't always come from a knife or a willingness to fight. Sometimes it came from endurance, where the well ran deep and quiet. Sometimes it came from compassion and forgiveness."

- Enclave by Ann Aguirre

16. "I think of how perhaps the best way to fly would be with hands full of earth, so you always remember where you came from."

- Matched by Ally Condie

17. "Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time."

- Legend by Marie Lu

18. "You're incredibly, absolutely, extremely, supremely, unbelievably different."

- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

19. "It’s terrifying to realize your own decisions are shaping your destiny."

- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

20. "You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes."

- Delirium by Lauren Oliver

21. "It's our choices that matter in the end. Not wishes, not words, not promises."

- Passenger by Alexandra Braken

22. "Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart."

- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

23. "I should think that is what anyone would wish- to be loved for themselves and not their position."

- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

24. "That was the beauty in stacking up words--they got cheaper, the more you had of them."

- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

25. "We must always be vigilant, because power comes infected with the only disease left to us: the virus called human nature."

- Scythe by Neal Shushterman

26. "Maybe part of falling in love with someone else is also falling in love with yourself."

- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

27. "You've got to jump off cliffs - and build your wings on the way down."

- Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy) by Kerstin Gier