21 Quotes From Rupi Kaur's New Book That Are Perfect For Instagram

In case you haven't read through the entire book yet.

26633
Sara Belcher

If you're a millennial, then you probably remember Rupi Kaur's book of poetry "milk and honey." It was a book that touched the lives of so many people and was a New York Times bestseller. On October 3, Kaur came out with her second book of poetry titled "the sun and her flowers." If you didn't preorder the book (which was stupid of you — why wouldn't you have preordered it?) don't worry — I've already done you the liberty of reading the entire book and pulling the best quotes for your next Instagram caption. Don't worry, though, these aren't necessarily the best poems in the book, so if you haven't read it yet I'm not spoiling the whole thing for you. You still need to go out and purchase this book to feel all of the feelings this book makes you feel.

Here are the best quotes from Rupi Kaur's "the sun and her flowers" for your next Insta post.

1. "you cannot/ walk in and out of me/ like a revolving door/ i have too many miracles/ happening inside me/ to be your convenient option"

2. "why is it/ that when the story ends/ we begin to feel all of it"

3. "i notice everything i do not have/ and decide it is beautiful"

4. "a lot of times/ we are angry at other people/ for not doing what/ we should have done for ourselves"

5. "we have been dying/ since we got here/ and forgot to enjoy the view"

6. "you do not just wake up and become the butterfly - growth is a process"

7. "like the rainbow/ after the rain/ joy will reveal itself/ after sorrow"

8. "despite knowing/ they won't be here for long/ they still choose to live/ their brightest lives -sunflowers"

9. "if we're present to take part in your happiness/ when your circumstances are great/ we are more than capable/ of sharing your pain"

10. "first/ i went for my words/ the i can'ts. i won'ts. i am not good enoughs./ i lined them up and shot them dead"

11. "you have so much/ but are always hungry for more/ stop looking at everything you don't have/ and look around at everything you do - where the satisfaction lives"

12. "and here you are living/ despite it all"

13. "how can i refuse to believe/ my life is anything short of a miracle/ if amidst all this chaos/ i was given this life"

This one is especially powerful because it's referencing the refugee crisis. So if you do use this as your caption, be sure to use it in good context, and not on a random selfie.

14. "never feel guilty for starting again"

15. "i am/ made of water/ of course i am emotional"

16. "together we are an endless conversation"

17. "if we can't learn to be kind to each other how will we ever learn to be kind to the most desperate parts of ourselves"

18. "i will no longer/ compare my path to others - i refuse to do a disservice to my life"

19. "i found there were no roots more intimate/ than those between a mind and body/ that have decided to be whole"

20. "there are mountains growing/ beneath our feet/ that cannot be contained/ all we've endured/ has prepared us for this/ bring your hammers and fists/ we have a glass ceiling to shatter - let's leave this place roofless"

21. "there is/ nothing left/ to worry about/ the sun and her flowers are here."