How My Family Became Complete

How My Family Became Complete

The greatest gift was seeing my Mom cry as she saw her babies for the first time..

150
How My Family Became Complete
personal

"There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins." - Josh Billings

You have to understand that this wasn't an accident. Saying "yeah my Mom just had twins when I was 20 and my brother at 17", most people ask if they were a surprise. Most people don't know that this was a choice eight years in the making. As long as I can remember my Mother has always wanted to have more children. She had my brother and I before she was 21 and never stopped wanting to have more. She has cried, been to tons of doctors appointments, taken tons of pregnancy tests, and prayed for this to become reality. I always say that I hope these babies never question if they were wanted in this world, because they were wanted so badly by their mother.

I will never forget January 17th. I've never doubted God and after this day I don't see how I ever could. To witness prayers of each of my family members answered in one day was something that will make my faith in God never fade. Every time I hug them my faith in Him only gets stronger.

I sat eating with my younger brother anxious for my Dad to give us information on the two people who would change our entire family. When we heard the announcement over the intercom saying "There was a baby boy born" then what seemed like a matter of seconds later "There was a baby girl born", we rushed upstairs.

It's weird to be introduced to somebody you already feel like you know. When my Dad opened the doorway to a hallway that led to rooms of babies and I heard a loud cry, I thought "That's Grace".
I wish they were both in the same room when I first met them because I wanted to look at both and the amount of time I spent with each just wasn't enough.
My Mom still had not really met them and to me that broke my heart. She deserved their company more than anyone else on this planet.
My Mom was so happy to see us and we talked about how amazing the twins were. She looked exhausted but I had never seen her happier. Then soon enough we heard rolling carts. They were being brought in for her to see them. My Mom just started crying out of happiness and love. That is the first time I have cried so much out of joy. To see the person whose happiness means the most to you looking so completely full of bliss, made all those years of waiting finally worth it.
If you ask anyone they will tell you that my Mom is my best friend. Some say that your significant other eventually becomes the most important person in your life but I don't see how. My boyfriend knows that, and has accepted that my parents are my favorite people on the planet. We are exactly like each other in every way and I respect my parents more than any other human beings.

I remember the night of, and I wish I didn't lose the video of my Mom repeating "I love you so much, I love you so much, I love you" to my baby siblings as if she wasn't sure they fully believed her. To see how much she cared and how she treated these humans entering her life made me want to cry all over again.

To that day I never saw my family as uncompleted, but as she held them both I realized, that now we were a complete family.