10 Reasons Why Your Parents Are The Most Important People In Your Life

To the strongest, most caring, beautiful people in my life

94864

Ever since I can remember, I've looked up to my mom and dad. Whether it be for guidance, support, advice, or a big hug; they have been my true friends and have always been there for me throughout my life. Now as a sophomore in college, I realize just how much they mean to me. They face the struggles of being a parent and the sacrifices necessary to have a family. I admire the hard work they have put into building the amazing childhood and life I have been given. Without a doubt, I believe my parents are the most important and influential people I will ever encounter in my existence on this earth. I love them with all my heart and believe that parents and their children have the strongest bond. Blood will always be thicker than water as the saying goes. Here are ten reasons why your parents are the most important and influential people in your life.

1. They are always ready to catch you when you fall.

Whether it was when I was learning how to ride a bike, applying for a job then getting rejected, or helping me mend my broken heart, they have put me back together more times than I can count. Every time I trip, they are the helping hand that holds me up.

2. They have given you one of the best things you could ever have: life and love.

Not only did they give you life and bring you into this wonderful world, but they loved for you and cared for you for all the years of your life. They are the people that have fed you, bathed you, and clothed you. They have kept a roof over your head and food in your mouth. they have cared for you as only a mother and father can care for their child. And they constantly remind you of the love that they have for you, whether it be a simple good morning text or a phone call to ask how your day is going. This is the greatest gift, life and love.

3. They have taught you the most important lessons in life.

Even though we don't like to admit it, our parents teach us more life lessons then we ever realize. When they tell us not to do something and we proceed to do it anyway and it turns out the worst way possible; we realize that they know far more than us and only wish that someday we have that much wisdom and knowledge when we become parents of our own.

4. They always give the best advice and know the right thing to say.

When you are down in the dumps or find yourself in a predicament, your parents are there with words of wisdom to help you get out of that sticky situation. Their words speak to us. They know how to make us feel better and guide us in the right direction.

5. They are the reminder of the love that is all around you even when you feel alone.

Being away from home for long periods of time can be a hard thing to do, especially if you are extremely family oriented as I am. This time away can make you feel alone, but mom and dad are always there to remind us of the love they have for us and how they miss us as we miss them.

6. They have a diagnosis for all your medical needs.

What are moms and dads for if it not for the those late night phone calls when you are sick and need to know if you should go to the health center or not. They are our own personal doctors who know us better than we know ourselves.

7. They are your biggest cheerleader.

No matter how many things you have tried throughout your life whether it be playing the violin, running track, or being in the school play; they were the ones to drive to every practice, cheer you on at every game, and be there to tell you just how proud of you they are. They are your biggest supporters and the people that will encourage you to follow your dreams no matter how many times you change your major or path of life.

8. They are home.

Some say, your home is where your heart is. My heart belongs to my family. They are my home wherever they go and no matter how far apart life takes us, they will always be home to me.

9. They have taught you what hard work and sacrifice look like.

Being older, I have learned to appreciate and see all the sacrifices that have been made for me and my siblings and continue to be made every day. Hearing stories of their struggles to make a home and start a family have helped me see what they had to relinquish to get to where they are now. They have created a lot for themselves and our family. They have taught me that sacrifice and hard work is something that must be done for those you love.

10. They are your best friends.

They are the ones I can joke with and tell anything to. They are always there for me in times of need and in times of prosperity, for celebration and despair. They will always be the most amazing individuals and I will forever look up to them. I respect and love them for all they do and admire them every day.

I have realized that my parents think of me before they think of themselves. They think of my life and what I have to offer. They think of my siblings and how they will grow into amazing individuals. But they don't think of how amazing they are. They don't realize that while they were just winging this parenting thing, they were being our superheroes. They don't realize that they are our leaders and our trend setters. They don't see that in our fragile young eyes, they are the ones we want to be one day when we grow up. I hope they realize that as we grow in our lives, we grow closer to them instead of farther away. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. It makes us college kids realize how amazing our parents really are.

It makes us see. And now we want you to see. See how important you are, Mom and Dad.

Thank you Mom and Dad. I love you double infinity.