What It's Like Having A Big Heart
relationships

The Realities Of Having A Big Heart

Having a big heart is a huge blessing but also doubles as a curse.

102
The Realities Of Having A Big Heart
https://unsplash.com/photos/TW3dFH_4nEk

Having a big heart has always been one of my best assets. I take pride in my abilities to empathize and the moral integrity that I possess. Unfortunately, having a big heart is also my biggest downfall.

It's great when it allows me to be understanding, I no longer allow people to get the best of me because I sit back and think why they may have acted the way they did. It's nice when it pushes me to be extremely empathetic. I feel for people, especially if I care for that person, I will always be there to stand alongside someone as they tackle their battles. Grudges are hardly ever formed, and always easily resolved as I am one of the most forgiving people.

The issue? The fact that not many people have this kind of heart. For that, it is easily taken advantage of.

`I am an optimist, I try to see the good in everybody no matter. Although I am very shy when approached and wait a while before finally opening up to people, when I finally do, the loyalty is immeasurable. No matter who or what, if you need me, I'm there.

The closer to me people get the easier it becomes for them to hurt me in the end. Through any relationships in my life, romantic or not, I ride hard. I forgive easily and give out far too many chances. Being extremely understanding, I am able to almost justify why people act a certain way, which does nothing but allow the behavior to continue. I also know people act based on how they feel inside, so my heart then goes out to them as I can see they are struggling internally. So when most people see the signs and turn the other direction, I tend to reach out further to be that support.

Having a big heart also makes losing people that much harder. I am not someone who shows half-ass love, it's all or nothing with me. So losing a friend, significant other, and anything in between can weigh very heavy on me. Once I truly have a love for someone I will always have that love and desire for their success. This makes any emotional healing process painful and keeps a very vivid memory of the lost love lingering around. Unfortunately, this generation loves to burn every bridge once crossed, so not many people still wish the same positivity on others after growing apart.

Although there are things about my personality that opens me up to a greater possibility of being hurt than those who don't share the same kind of heart, I wouldn't change the way I am for anything. I know this heart allows me to put my best foot forward in any situation and never leaves me with the regret of hurting someone else. I am resilient and even when hurt I never let that affect the love I have to give to other people that may deserve it. People who shut themselves out live in fear and block their blessings. And if it's one thing I've learned, life is truly better coming from a place of love than fear.