Best Study Spots At UW Madison

Best Study Spots At UW Madison

How to Survive Finals

299
Best Study Spots At UW Madison
BadgerHerald

With finals week approaching, you may be finding yourself spending more time studying that anything else. Here are the best spots to hit the books these upcoming weeks.

1. College Library

This is probably the most popular place to study on campus (if you can find a seat). The 3rd-floor quiet room/silent room is perfect for a great view of the lake and a quiet (or silent) place to study.

2. SAC (Student Activity Center)

Located on East Campus Mall, the SAC is a great place to meet with friends and study or to get work done late at night.

3. Memorial Library

If you have a serious deadline coming up and need absolutely no distractions, you can try studying at Memorial Library. Known for the never ending stacks, it is a little bit creepy but no doubt a great place to get work done.

4. Historical Society Library

This one is a hidden gem that not many people know about. It is located on Library Mall in the Historical Society building. There is a great reading room that you will definitely be able to get a lot done.

5. Sellery Basement

If you are still a freshman, Sellery basement is a great place to study if you don't want to leave the dorm. Whether it be too cold or you're just lazy, you can head down to the basement to study, but you may feel a little trapped in the depths of the dorm. No doubt a great place to focus on just your school work and quick head back up to your dorm room after.

6. Grainger Hall

Even if you're not a business student, Grainger is one of the nicest buildings on campus and a great place to study. There is a cafe if you are hungry or need coffee and there are many study spots throughout the building.

7. Upper House

This is my personal favorite and definitely the most comfortable. It is located on East Campus Mall above Coffee Bytes. It is the perfect place to read a book and lay out on their comfy furniture.

8. Memorial Union

This is a great place to study in the summer on the terrace, but also a place to study in the winter inside. Throughout the whole union, you have a great view of the lake and a social place to get work done.

9. SoHe

One of the newer places on campus, SoHe is a really nice building and has a lot of great places to study.

10. Union South

Union south is home to great food and a very social area to study. This is a good place to meet up with friends and eat/study at the same time.

11. Collectivo

Collectivo is located on State Street and has a great internal environment to study and meet with other people. They have great coffee and food and a large area to study as well as an area upstairs to study too.