The 11 Best Study Spots At UNCG

The 11 Best Study Spots At UNCG

Because everyone needs a good study spot.

1212
The 11 Best Study Spots At UNCG
Cenovis

We're officially into the semester! Professors are into their lessons, we're past syllabus week, and it's gotten to where tests are coming quickly and regularly. With that in mind, I took the time to find some of UNCG's best study spots! Most all of them are on campus, all within walking distance, and just waiting for you to come in with a laptop and start studying.

1. Library

Starting with the obvious, Club Jackson is one of the best places on campus to study. With 9 floors, they've been able to categorize them as group meeting floors (lower floors) and quiet study floors (top floors). If you can't study with extra noise, the top floor is perfect for you. If you're meeting with a study group, you can reserve one of the group meeting rooms surrounding the library - just check out their website for more information. Bonus: They're open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday!

2. B&N Cafe

This is one of my personal favorites - the Starbucks on campus. It's a perfect place to get work done if you need a little bit of background noise. Plus, because they know students like to study in the cafe, there are a good amount of outlets around the store. They've even got tables with pop up outlets if you're not close enough to the wall outlets. You see a lot of people here with their laptops, working through whatever homework they've got due soon, and it's an excuse to treat yourself to coffee and a pastry!

3. Top floor of the EUC

Another one of my favorites and a lesser known area for UNCG students. The EUC does, in fact, have a top level and it's got some really good seating options for when you're working on homework. They've got tables, long booths, and armchairs, all for whatever your need is. It's relatively quiet but because you're up by some offices it's not silent. Plus you don't catch a lot of the EUC noise thanks to some thick windows.

4. Bottom floor of the EUC

In case you weren't aware, there's also a lower level to the EUC! It's where Career Services and a Subway are located (plus Jamba Juice and Wild Greens). If you're looking for a more social place to sit and do homework, check out that Subway area - it's like a smaller version of the EUC food court. If you don't work with noise well, check out some of the other seating downstairs! There are tons of chairs, booths, and tables down there for students to use. Additionally, there's a TV lounge and a few normal lounges around the lower floor where you can work too!

5. Digital Media Common

If you're looking for an active, talkative part of the library, this is it. The SuperLab is downstairs from the library (ask at the info desk if you don't know where you're going!) and almost always bustling with activity. Not only can you get help with computer projects down there, but there's a ton of seating and even white boards to write on! If you're in a study group, these resources can be a huge help. Plus you don't feel like you have to whisper all the time. This is their section of the library website, so check it out!

6. Tate Street Coffee

If you like a coffee shop atmosphere and you don't want the busyness of the on campus Starbucks, this is a really great option for you. TSC is frequented by UNCG students because of it's proximity to UNCG and because it's just a great little shop. I personally adore their hot chocolate but they have a ton of coffees, lemonades, and other drinks for us college students. Not to mention, they sometimes have live music! Just a warning, though, if you go with electronics, make sure they're fully charged before you get there - outlets are few and far between at Tate Street Coffee.

7. Under Moran Commons

Under the caf isn't a bad place to study. When you go under more of the tunnel, there are several tables and chairs that are spread out. It's not a bad place to study, especially if you need somewhere that's a little noisier. It can be a little too much at peak times for the dining hall upstairs, so right around lunchtime is loud, but other times it isn't bad.

8. Common areas in your dorm

Almost every dorm has a study lounge or a common area where people can gather. Even if it's not formal, it's great to consider sitting down in a more public place in a dorm. It keeps you busy, it allows you to see people moving back and forth, and it's different than the normal walls of your room.

9. The fountain behind the EUC

If you're looking to be outside while the weather is nice, behind the EUC there's a fountain and some tables - it's possibly one of the best spots on campus just to hang out. Officially called Taylor Gardens, it's great to admire the weather, allows you to get work done, and is relatively quiet. The only road nearby is Spring Garden and the fountain area is relatively far back from the road. It's a great location.

10. In the caf/EUC food court

If you're into working while you're eating, this is a really great option. I've been known to sit down at the caf and eat something, then work on my homework. It allows you (if you're in the caf) to go back and grab a snack or something to munch on if you get hungry. At the EUC food court that's a little harder, but you still have the ability to get food if you're snacky. Again, it's a place that gets loud around lunchtime, so keep that in mind.

11. Your desk!

The obvious answer when you're needing to study is to stay in your room! My advice is to set up a study area for yourself so that you don't cross your sleep and study patterns (aka: don't do homework on your bed). It's also a great motivational tool you can use, being able to post pictures of family, motivational goals, and possibly "You Should Be Studying" memes. It means you can study the way you study best, with music or silently!

I hope these study spaces give you some inspiration for getting work done! Do you have a favorite study space that I didn't mention? Comment below and help someone else find their perfect study spot!

From Your Site Articles