48 Of The Best Songs To Fall Asleep To

48 Of The Best Songs To Fall Asleep To

*jam session*

64313
48 Of The Best Songs To Fall Asleep To
Tumblr

I come from a very boisterous family. With us, there is no such thing as an “indoor voice”. Even when we aren’t trying to yell over on another, or laughing obnoxiously loud, my house is always filled with a different kind of noise. No matter the occasion or time of day, there is always music playing in my house. And I guarantee, it is almost always blaring. The only time my music isn’t blowing your eardrums to pieces is when I’m about to hit the hay. It is for this precise reason that I put a lot of time and effort into picking the best songs to fall asleep to. Below, I have chosen 48 0f my favorite songs, in no particular order, to fit into this category. This list represents a broad taste in music, so that it can appeal to music lovers of all kinds.

1. Can’t Help Falling in Love- Elvis Presley

This is hands down one of my favorites to fall asleep to.

Very few things can trump Elvis’s crooning voice and the soothing music of this song.

There are days where this song can put me to sleep before it even ends.

2. Viva La Vida- Coldplay

Chris Martin’s vocals accompanied by various string instruments creates a heavenly lullaby for even the most sleepless nights.

3. New York- Ed Sheeran

In all honesty, I could probably list every Ed Sheeran song and get away with it.

I actually had to stop myself from doing so.

This track is perfect for some snoozing though, with Sheeran’s dreamy voice and simple music.

4. Nana- the 1975

This sad song hits you right in the heart as Matt Healy sings about losing his Nana.

You might cry yourself to sleep with this one, but at least you’re sleeping.

5. Purpose- Justin Bieber

One of Bieber’s most heartfelt songs, Purpose comes after his adolescent struggles which ultimately lead him to God.

Accompanied by only a piano, Bieber sings his heart out and creates a lovely song to end your day with.

6. She’s Got This Thing About Her- Chris Young

Young, a dashing country crooner, sings about the love of his life, paired with a beautiful piano and strings.

This country love song is the perfect song to listen to as you slip into your dreams.

7. For All Time- Michael Jackson

A relatively unknown song, this is, in my opinion, the King of Pop’s best song.

This tune is very mellow and will be sure to help you fall asleep.

8. I Cross My Heart- George Strait

This song holds a very special place in my heart. I Cross My Heart was my parent’s wedding song.

This song never fails to make my heart full of memories as I drift off to sleep.

9. Truly, Madly, Deeply- One Direction

Although arguably one of One Direction’s best tracks, you will struggle to find this beauty anywhere other than Youtube.

Along with song #24, Truly, Madly, Deeply was “released” around the Take Me Home era of the band, but never made the cut for the album.

These songs were leaked online, but if you’re able to find them, they’re pure gold.

10. This Love- Taylor Swift

Sweet and innocent, Swift’s This Love is a beautiful tune about lost love that returned home.

Much different than the rest of the album, this song will lull you to sleep like the waves at sea.

11. Secrets- OneRepublic

One of the most beautiful songs ever made, Secrets’ instrumental paired with Ryan Tedder’s voice create the perfect lullaby.

12. This Town- Niall Horan

When One Direction announced they were taking a hiatus in 2015, after the departure of Zayn Malik, the world didn’t know what to think.

Upon announcing that they would also be doing solo work during the hiatus, One Direction sent the world into even more of a tizzy.

Songbird Niall Horan was the first of the boys to release solo music during their break, and accompanied by his ever-handy guitar, he creates a perfect bedtime tune.

13. Lady- Kenny Rogers

This classic country tune showcases Roger’s deep, soulful voice perfectly to help you fall asleep every night.

14. Wayfaring Stranger- Ed Sheeran

One of Sheeran’s lesser known songs, it is a beauty nonetheless. This track solely features Sheeran, with his own beatboxing in the back to keep time.

The track ends with Sheeran singing the chorus a cappella which creates a lovely sound to sing you to sleep.

15. If I Could Fly- One Direction

Hands down, If I Could Fly is the most beautiful song the boys have ever san.

This song gloriously showcases each of the boys’ voices and the harmonies are lethal.

Some nights, I listen to this song on repeat to fall asleep, it’s that good.

16. Please Be Naked- the 1975

Almost exclusively instrumental, Please Be Naked creates the perfect environment to drift off to sleep.

17. Huckleberry- Toby Keith

Huckleberry is one of my mom’s favorite songs, so this is one I listen to on nights where I miss home.

18. Sick in the Head- The Lumineers

Just like with Ed Sheeran, I probably could have put all of the Lumineer’s songs on this list, but I feel as though this song best fits this category.

Sick in the Head has a very mellow, folk vibe to it that makes it easy to doze off.

19. To the Moon and Back- Luke Bryan

Despite his reputation as a hip-shaking class clown, Bryan can create some of the most beautiful love songs.

To The Moon and Back is a country ballad that will make you see Bryan’s stunning smile in your dreams.

20. I Want to Write You a Song- One Direction

Yet again, the boys of One Direction created the perfect lullaby to help you fall asleep.

If you listen closely to the music of this track, you can hear the noise of a pen scribbling on paper, which is very soothing.

21. Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley feat. Alison Krause

There are very few songs that literally bring me to tears, and this is one of them.
Krause’s voice is absolutely chilling and the song as a whole is haunting.

22. I Want It That Way- The Backstreet Boys

A classic song, this one will take you back in time as you fall asleep.

23. Can’t Stop- OneRepublic

There is no such thing as a bad OneRepublic song, and this track just goes to prove my point. Another great song to drift off to.

24. Irresistible- One Direction

Just like Truly, Madly, Deeply, while this track is hard to find, it is most definitely worth the search.

25. Your Song- Ellie Goulding/Elton John

No matter which version of Your Song you pick, you can’t go wrong.

Both a simple and gorgeous, so take your pick, or if you’re like me, pick both.

26. Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright

Yes, you guessed it, this song is from Shrek.

But if you really listen to it, you’ll realize what a beautiful masterpiece this song is.

Personally, this is my favorite version of the track, but there are so many out there, so find one that suits you.

27. BITE- Troye Sivan

Sivan is a relatively new artist making a big impact on the pop music world.

BITE is a chilling track that will give you goosebumps to make you curl up in your blanket and drift off to sleep.

28. Like Real People Do- Hozier

Hozier’s soulful voice is beautifully showcased on this tune.

This track will make you want to curl up and dream the night away.

29. Once Upon a Dream- Lana Del Rey

Off the soundtrack for Disney’s Maleficent, Lana Del Rey’s vocals lend a chilling vibe to the track.

This song is guaranteed to send you to dreamland.

30. Daddy Issues- The Neighbourhood

Dark and heavy, Daddy Issues is the perfect song to fall asleep to when it’s cold and rainy outside.

31. Tiny Dancer- Elton John

An old school classic, this track will take you back to your glory days to lull you to sleep.

32. Midnight- Coldplay

This one is for my best friend.

When I told her about my list of songs to fall asleep to, this was immediately the song she recommended to me, and she is 100% correct.

Coldplay never fails to create a beautiful lullaby.

33. Return to Me- Dean Martin

I grew up in a house where Sammy, Dean and Frank were common names.

And while my grandfather would roll over in his grave to hear me say this, I prefer Dean out of all of them (my grandfather loved Frank Sinatra).

This song is as beautiful as the streets of Italy and will without a doubt lull you to sleep.

34. Little Things- One Direction

This song is a double dose of dreaminess: the boys of One Direction contribute to the vocals of a song penned by none other than Ed Sheeran.

Fall sleep to this heavenly tune while feeling good about yourself.

35. I Walk the Line- Halsey

A haunting cover of the famous Johnny Cash song, Halsey makes this version her own and creates a sound that is easy to fall in love with and fall asleep to.

36. Oblivion- Bastille

There is something so undeniably soothing about lead singer Dan Smith’s voice that makes Bastille so enjoyable to listen to.

This is one of my favorites to listen to as I drift off into…oblivion.

37. One- Ed Sheeran

Honestly, it’s Ed Sheeran. That’s all I need to say.

38. Impossible Year- Panic! At the Disco

Panic! At the Disco is very much a punk-pop group but this song shows a different side to them.

Brendon Urie’s Rat Pack-like vocals make this song impossible to dislike.

39. My Eyes- The Lumineers

Lead singer Wesley Schultz does it again, and creates the perfect song to close your eyes to.

40. Once in a Lifetime- One Direction

This song is only available on the Deluxe edition of One Direction’s Four.

Relatively short for a modern day pop-song, the harmonies in this track create a beautifully short yet dreamy lullaby.

41. Life of the Party- Shawn Mendes

This Canadian crooner creates the perfect song to listen to as you count sheep.

42. Home to Mama- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson

Only this lethal duo could be capable of creating such a soothing track.

Bieber harmonizing with the guitar at 2:09 leaves me speechless every time.

43. Why Am I the One- fun.

For some, this track may be too upbeat to fall asleep to.

This is all up to the individual.

If this song works for you though, it’s one of my favorites.

44. Let the Road- Rixton

A beautiful a cappella track, it’s no wonder their album was named after this song.

Having no instruments creates the perfect environment to fall asleep to.

45. Lucky Ones- Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey makes the list again with this chilling love song.

You’ll be the lucky one when you doze off to this track.

46. Hello- Glee Cast feat. Jonathan Groff

Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff have undeniable chemistry on this Lionel Richie cover. It is heartfelt and emotional enough to give you sweet dreams.

47. I Know Where I've Been- Queen Latifah

This soulful song of struggle is brought to life with Queen Latifah's beautiful vocals. It makes the perfect lullaby.

48. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)- Glee Cast

In the show, Darren Criss' character Blaine Anderson admits that his "guilty pleasure" is Phil Collins, which is okay with me because this cover is absolutely beautiful.

Trust me, I could keep going. But I hope this list proves as helpful to you as it is to me. Now go take a nap.