On your best friends wedding day
relationships

To My Best Friend As She Walks Down The Aisle

You both have experienced the world of dating together, but now, to see her find the one is the most beautiful thing that is something more precious than you ever imagined.

1315
Georgina Fernandez

You met a lot of boys down the path of finding the one. By the time "the one" crosses, you will have already encountered "the mistake," "the cheater," "the first real heartbreak," and "the one who you are best friends with but come on, we both know it is still awkward." Despite all the boys that will come and go from your life, there is one person who has always been there - Your best friend.

To my dearest and most precious friend on her wedding day, congratulations and from the bottom of my heart. I am so happy for you. From the moment you woke me up at 1 a.m. with a photo message of a diamond ring with a text saying, "He proposed!" you have lit an extra spark of happiness in me.

As little girls, you take turns with your best friend playing wedding. One of you plays the bride, and the other pretends to be the groom. Then, you get older, and you two start whispering to each other in the classroom about how you are going to marry "so and so" from the grade above. You both giggle every time he passes in the school lunchroom. As you start getting older and start dipping your toes into the dating world, you discover it isn't as easy as your childhood fantasy.

Who is Mister Right in a world of Mister Wrongs?

Will I ever find someone that treats me right?

Do all boys smell this way?

You transferred to my high school my senior year, but oh, how I wished every day that you would have been beside me since freshman year. In a matter of a week, however, I had felt like I have known you my whole life. That I had truly found a best friend that was my other half. From working on the school magazine together to you being the flyer to my back spot cheering beside me at football games to the endless times we practiced, "T-R-U-C-K. Keep on trucking all the way" in your backyard, I knew I always had you to count on. And like that, we shared everything together.

We would giggle like little girls in the back of the classroom talking about our boys. We shared our secrets and grew closer. When it came to our love lives, you were always the person I could turn to.

Dating is hard. We have seen a lot of that together. We saw the beauty of it too. Together, we went through the nerves of first dates, and the thrills of the first kiss. The fears of long distance. And the heartbreak of growing apart, when we found out our boyfriends were cheating, and we had to support each other when relationships got verbally or physically abusive. Your best friend is there for you every step of the way. Never judging, always being there to lend a hand.

From eating cheesecake in the back of the car after our boyfriends bailed out on homecoming to getting ready for prom together, and all those moments where we walked passed each other with our guys and exchanged an inside look that told all.

All the dates and the heartbreaks adding up to paint the perfect picture. The man, the one, your soul mate. I am so happy for you. Whenever you texted me a wedding update or talked about him in any way, I could just feel your happiness burning through the phone. You are so lucky to have found the one and I am so, so happy for you.

To the one who stole my best friend's heart, be there for her. Let her dream. Explore the world together. Go dancing on the beach. I am so, so happy that you walked into her life. For one best friend to see her friend smile that way, well it is pure joy. I wish you two all the happiness in the world. And I cannot wait to see what the new couple does in their life.

To the girl who has always been there, as you walk down that aisle, always remember how you are bigger than you really think you are. That your dreams will take you anywhere you want. That no matter what, I will be beside your side still. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I am so proud of you. Congratulations on finding Mister Right.

From girls just discovering love to finding the real thing, I can't wait to experience more of this adult life with you. From the first jobs to the first home and the first baby, always know I will be there beside you cheering you on. No matter where our futures take us.