30 Movies That Give Off Fall Vibes But Aren't Halloween Movies

Sometimes you just want to watch a calm movie that isn't full of jump scares, but still puts you in the autumn mood!

367

Autumn isn't all about Halloween and scary movies. There's plenty of things to enjoy, like the bright, comforting colors, the cool weather, and the iconic fashion trends.

But most of the time, when searching for a fall movie you're met with long list of mostly horror movies. Those are great for the month of October as you prepare for Spooky Season, but what about November? November is still in Autumn! Or what about when you just really just want to curl up with a mug of hot cocoa, your fuzzy socks, and watch a movie that gives you the same serotonin boost as when they announce the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks?

My mission was to compile a list of movies that give off autumn vibes but are not Halloween or scary movies. Save for one or two depending on how traumatized you were as a child. Some of them are older, some are more recent. Some, you will say to yourself, "Ah, I see why this movie is on the list." Others, you will say, "What made this movie make it?" But I assure you, they do, in fact, give off autumn vibes. Some of the movies just simply take place in Autumn, and because they're a classic, made the list. Some of the movies don't even take place in Autumn, or what season they take place in isn't made clear.

I promise you this, though. Each movie on this list will make you feel at ease, and make you swear you can smell a Bath & Body Works Harvest Gathering candle.

1. Pride & Prejudice (2005)

64.media.tumblr.com

It might just be the color palette of the entire film, or maybe this is just another excuse to watch this film again.

2. A Room With A View

i.imgur.com

One of my all-time favorite movies, and I feel it doesn't get enough love. It contains an all-star cast, including Dames Judi Dench and Maggie Smith, Daniel Day-Lewis, Simon Callow, Rupert Graves, and a young and always iconic Helena Bonham Carter.

Really, any Ivory-Merchant film adaption of an E.M. Forster novel is bound to give off autumn vibes.

3. Little Women (2019)

www.rollingstone.com

The version with Winona Ryder may be more winter-aligned, but the recent adaption from 2019 gives off cozy fall vibes.

4. When Harry Met Sally

redspeckledwhite.files.wordpress.com

I mean...almost every promotional photo for the film screams Autumn!

5. Dead Poets Society

static.independent.co.uk

I hereby declare that any film that takes place during the school year is automatically an autumn film!

6. You've Got Mail

i.pinimg.com

Bonus: there's a cute dog!

7. Good Will Hunting

benjweinberg.files.wordpress.com

A must-see for any fall season.

8. Rudy

img1.looper.com

If you don't cry at the end of Rudy, I lowkey judge you. Even my father cries at the end of this movie (Sorry Dad!).

9. St. Elmo's Fire

media.vanityfair.com

Struggling with adulting this fall? We can relate.

10. October Sky

cdn.onebauer.media

I mean, October is right there in the name! Put this on your watchlist if you haven't seen it already.

11. The Breakfast Club

miro.medium.com

Technically, the movie takes place in March, but it's still got the right vibe.

12. Steel Magnolia's

hips.hearstapps.com

You know the season is better with this movie.

13. Fried Green Tomatoes

www.gpb.org

This movie may actually take place majority in the summer, but I'm not sure. Still, it's forever a comfort-classic.

14. Elizabethtown

2.bp.blogspot.com

There's just something autumnal about road trips and family meals.

15. Spider-Man (2002)

i.redd.it

This was a suggestion from a friend. Just trust us, okay? It takes place during Thanksgiving and features the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

16. Charlotte's Web (1973)

www.cinema.ucla.edu

Not only a childhood favorite, but the majority of the plot takes place in autumn. Although, isn't Wilbur a Spring Pig?

17. Mystic Pizza

womenandhollywood.com

You definitely will be craving pizza during this movie, so make sure to have the Domino's number close by.

18. Matilda

scontent.ccdn.cloud

Another childhood favorite that gives you warm, fuzzy feelings. Just like your favorite fall sweater.

19. The Twilight Series

i.pinimg.com

Some may consider this a Halloween movie because of vampires. And yet, the Washington scenery is just full of autumn vibes.

20. Stepmom

etcanada.com

Of course, a movie list is never complete without multiple Julia Roberts classics.

21. Fly Away Home

www.intofilm.org

We love a good father/daughter movie during the fall!

22. Coco

lumiere-a.akamaihd.net

This Disney animated film is sure to put a smile on your face during this chilly fall season.

23. James and the Giant Peach

d23.com

We all loved this movie growing up, but have you watched it recently as an adult? This movie is weird, I'm not going to lie. I'm very surprised I didn't have bug-related nightmares.

24. Enola Holmes

images.news18.com

This new Netflix Original about Sherlock Holmes' younger sister Enola (not Sherlock. It isn't about Sherlock!) is also a very comforting book series!

25. Big Fish

parentpreviews.com

What fall season is complete without watching at least one Tim Burton film?

26. Where the Wild Things Are

media.npr.org

Another movie we watched as children and look back on and say, "Wow, that was weird!"

27. Sweet Home Alabama

i.pinimg.com

It's in the South, des that make it okay for autumn vibes?

28. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

sites.imsa.edu

One of the best coming-of-age movies that has come out somewhat recently. This is a must-see for any season, but especially this fall.

29. Coraline

i.pinimg.com

I personally never saw this as a scary movie, but I do know some people who were traumatized by it as a child and cannot watch it to this day. Still, it makes the list because even if it is scary, it's a kids movie.

30. Honorable Mention: The Nightmare Before Christmas

screenqueens.files.wordpress.com

Regarded as both a Halloween and a Christmas movie, this film makes the list to split the difference.

So, put on your softest pajamas, your fuzziest socks, pop some popcorn, and snuggle up for the most comforting movie marathon you've ever experienced!