6 Chick Flicks That Actually Give Good Dating Advice

6 Chick Flicks To Watch In Quarantine If You're In Need Of Some Solid Date Advice

For starters, "He's Just Not That Into You."

184

Ah, chick flicks. They're an essential part of every girls' night and we never tend to take them too seriously. For the most part, the dating advice portrayed in many rom-coms and chick flicks is laughable and completely unrealistic.

However, some of the classics offer solid dating advice if you watch closely enough. So if you're looking for something to do during quarantine, have a movie marathon and learn how to amp up your dating life with one of the best:

"He's Just Not that Into You"

This has always been a favorite of mine! It's hilarious, relatable, and totally accurate when it comes to relationships. Throughout the film, the main character Gigi eventually comes to terms with the fact that not every guy she likes feels the same way.

Something I have always struggled to remember is that if someone really wants to be in your life, they will be. It's not worth giving your time and energy to someone who doesn't do the same for you. Wait for someone who actually gives you their time and effort.

"The Ugly Truth"

Abby Richter is a strong and very opinionated woman who struggles with her dating life. In an effort to win over the guys she likes, she completely transforms herself into someone else. After winning the affections of her next-door neighbor, she realizes she actually loves the guy who loved her from the beginning.

When we like someone, we often feel the need to change ourselves to impress them. But here's the "ugly truth," if you have to change yourself, they're not the one, sis. The right person will like you for you and you won't have to change yourself for them.

"27 Dresses"

Jane has been crushing on her boss for years and becomes incredibly jealous when her younger sister gets engaged to him. After spending a majority of the movie trying to win him over, she discovers that she actually likes the handsome reporter who's been crazy about her the whole time.

What is there to learn here? Always keep your options open. Don't write off a genuine guy right away just because you're interested in someone else. You may discover that the genuine guy is a better match for you anyway.

"How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"

If you haven't seen this movie yet, what are you doing with your life? This movie is iconic and will always be a favorite of mine. Throughout the film, the main character, Andi, tries to desperately chase away the guys she's seeing to write an article about it. However, despite all the games on both ends, they end up falling for each other.

Many of us have this preconceived notion that we have to play hard to get in order to get someone interested in us. However, this is not the case. Playing hard to get will only scare off genuine people. Remember if someone's into you, they will want to be with you and you won't have to play games to keep them interested.

"She's Out of My League"

media.giphy.com

Shy and awkward Kirk ends up dating drop-dead gorgeous Molly and his friends are convinced their relationship won't last. Kirk tries to end things with Molly because he doesn't feel worthy of her. However, Molly confesses her desire to be with him and they resume their relationship.

Sometimes we close ourselves off to people because we feel like we are unworthy of them. Confidence is key in relationships and we cannot expect anyone to love us if we don't love ourselves. Don't sell yourself short, you're incredible and anyone who can't see that isn't worth your time anyway.

"Love, Rosie"

I'm not even kidding when I say I cried the entire time while watching this movie. "Love, Rosie" is about two best friends who have always loved each other but the timing was never in their favor. After many years of struggle and heartbreak, they finally find their way back to each other.

If someone is meant to be in your life, they will always come back. Timing may not always be in your favor, but you must trust the fact that everything will work out in the end.

As an Amazon Affiliate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.