I've Been The Other Girl, And I've Been Cheated On— Both SUCK, Trust Me

Never did I imagine I'd be either.

205
The CW

I've been the girl that got cheated on and the other woman. When I was cheated on, I didn't believe it. I didn't believe her. I thought that he could NEVER do that to me. I thought that she HAS to be lying. Maybe she wants to be with him so she made up this crazy story. He loves me. How could you do that to someone you love?

I never would have imagined I would have been cheated on. I've always thought that if I or my partner are not happy in the relationship or have wandering eyes, it would have ended.

I never would have imagined I would be the other woman. For months, he was my friend. He would constantly bash on his girlfriend. Always tell everyone everything she did that was shitty; she cheated, she never answered him, always spent all his money, they were always arguing. He would always say he was waiting for her to break up with him, but she never did.

That night I asked if they broke up yet, still no. We went out for drinks, having so much fun! Talking, dancing, getting to hang out as friends. I was having so much fun! We were talking more recently and it was nice to hang out!

Then, his hand was wondering. His dancing was turning into grinding. I turned around and we kissed. I liked it, I was having so much fun. I didn't even think about his girlfriend.

We went back to my place. I still wasn't thinking about his girlfriend, until we were having sex. "SHIT. You have a girlfriend". "Yea but she's done it to me a bunch of times before so it's ok". Then he went back to telling me how beautiful I am, how he couldn't believe this was happening, how he was planning it.

I was shocked by the planning it one. I didn't expect that, I thought we were going out as friends. We were friends for a while, he had a girlfriend. I wasn't expecting anything but to have some friendly fun.

It turned into too friendly.

I was okay with it, until the next morning.

Then I remembered how I felt when my boyfriend cheated on me. How I didn't find out until 3 months later. How I felt devastated. How I felt like I couldn't trust him ever again. How I felt so lost and confused. I was already with him for so long, he said it didn't matter. It was months ago. So I stayed with him. And honestly, it was one of my bigger mistakes.

I had to tell her, so I found her on Insta and told her.

I'm glad she broke up with him. Something I couldn't do.

I'm sad our friendship ended because you did a stupid thing. You set this up, you lied for months about your girlfriend. You said you didn't want to be with her, but the day after you were telling a much different story.

Yes it takes two to tango, but I didn't have a partner when we were together, you did.

Cheating emotionally and physically is the most fucked up thing you could do.

Emotionally cheating is still cheating. You're giving someone a part of you. Something only your partner should have. You shouldn't be calling other people "attractive", "hot", "sexy", or saying inappropriate things to them like "I want to fuck you", "show me ____"; when you have a partner. These are what people who are single can say, not if you are taken.

Physically cheating is simple. Just don't touch a person in an inappropriate spot. Children understand this. If you're in a relationship, you should be able to too.

Talking bad on your current partner is just fucked up. What is the point of being with them if all you do is talk shit behind their back? That's simply disrespectful. If you're not respecting your partner what are you doing? Why be with them?

Break up with them before you cheat. There's no point to cheating. If you cheat emotionally or physically you should not be with your significant other. You obviously don't love them. You can't.

To the people who stay with their partner who cheated: I get it. But you need to know you're so much better than that. You deserve so much better than that. You think you won't be happy without them, but you will be. It takes time.

To the people who break up with their cheating partner: I admire you. I'm so proud of you. You know your worth and you make sure everyone else does. You have so much strength, so much power. I wish I had that back then.

To those who are "the other ...": I get it. That person is unattainable, and when they want you it's so hot. It's like getting something you never thought you could have before. Just remember that the other person

To the cheater: You're a piece of shit. End of story. You should have broken up with them before you cheated. That will haunt the person for the rest of their life, and make them think "Why was I not enough?".

Cheating is a terrible thing to do to someone. I hope you never get cheated on and I hope you never cheat.