The Beauty Of Solitude

The Beauty Of Solitude

Everyone needs it once in awhile.

1236
The Beauty Of Solitude

“I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.” –Henry David Thoreau

Nothing compares to the feelings that are experienced when you spend time alone. It is so nice to isolate yourself from the world around you, to have time that is completely free of any distractions. In this day and age, we all get too caught up in connecting with others, therefore we don’t leave enough time to connect with ourselves.

Solitude can be thought of as undesirable because it is often linked to loneliness, but there is a significant difference between the two. Loneliness occurs when a person becomes sad because they have no one to go to. Solitude is when a person is alone because they chose to be, it is an affirmative state for the human mind, body and soul.

There are so many benefits that come from solitude. I hope that after reading these benefits, you will take advantage of alone time and all that it has to offer.

It is not healthy for your brain to constantly be immersed in thoughts or engaged in activities. Being by yourself gives you the chance to focus and think more clearly. It is essentially an opportunity for your brain to recharge and clear out the clutter that has built up over time.

Allowing time for reflective thoughts results in heightened creativity. When you allow your mind to escape distractions, you will be able to become more in touch with your creative abilities and become a more advanced thinker.

There is no doubting that life is filled with ups and downs. There is a good chance that you have experienced the feeling of hopelessness at least once. Solitude has the power to decrease negativity in life. Once you are more in tune with yourself, it is very likely that you will experience increased feelings of well-being.

When you’re constantly on the go, life gets away from you very quickly. It is nice to spend time with family and friends, but it is necessary to take time to reflect yourself. It is so enlightening to ponder your meaning and purpose in life, and to consider the relationships that you’ve made over the years. Reflection ultimately leads to personal growth.

Becoming comfortable with spending time by yourself will result in solitude being more enjoyable than it was to begin with. Independence can be established by practicing solitude. Going for a walk, running errands, or even going shopping alone will become more pleasurable.

Solitude is a great way to recognize all the things that make you feel confident. Your self-esteem will experience a major boost when you dedicate time to yourself and realize your potential.

Your memory and focus can be enhanced through solitary reflection because it is linked to improved concentration. When you allow your mind to recharge every once in awhile, it will be able to perform better when you need it to.

Most importantly when you’re caught up in the obstacles of day-to-day life, you’re only focused on what’s right in front of you. It is a great thing to live life in the moment, but in order to to see and appreciate the big picture, you’ll need to step back and gain a new perspective. This is exactly what solitude allows you to do.