Be Independent

Be Independent.

Relying on yourself more will make you happier than you may think.

3
123rf

As we get older, the need for independence grows stronger and stronger. Obviously, there are things in life that friends and family should be there for. Regardless, we need to start building more of an independence - not because it's the right thing to do, but because it will lead to a happier life.

Wouldn't it be nice to not depend on anyone? If you're bored and everyone's busy, wouldn't it be nice to not feel upset? To enjoy your own company?

You are the only person guaranteed to stay in your life, as sad as it may sound, and having your own back is essential.

One thing about being codependent is also the fact that you may cause other people to feel guilty for not having the availability to spend time with you.

We are all busy with things in life - whether it's work, school, etc. Don't make someone feel as though they have to sacrifice something.

Lean on yourself more than you lean on anybody else.

Obviously, this is easier than said than done. You're going to need to accomplish a few things internally first.

Accept yourself, believe in yourself, be motivated, be confident, don't care so much about what people think, don't settle.

It is a journey going from codependent to independent, but it's a needed one that's very possible.

This doesn't mean you should never ask for help. After all, that's what friends and family are for. But know when it's time for you to take control and lead yourself.

Once you have that, a huge weight will be lifted off of your shoulders. Growing up takes time, and learning how to be more independent is just a part of that process.

Don't let anybody have power over you.

Have power within yourself.