Unveiling 8 Telltale Signs of Baby Fever, Despite Limitations

Baby Fever: 8 Telltale Signs You Can't Ignore

It's a serious condition.

3886
woman in black and white striped long sleeve shirt carrying baby in blue onesie

Alright, let's get this out right away, I have an intense case of baby fever. Like to the point that if I see a baby my entire day rearranges so I have time to spend time gushing over how cute they are and snuggling them for a ridiculous amount of time.

The fact that I work with kids on a regular basis and have plenty of new and coming babies in my family only intensifies it. In case you aren't sure what baby fever is, Urban Dictionary says, "A strong emotional urge to have a child. Commonly thought to be just for women, however; men get it as well."

I love how soft and adorable babies are. I love their little giggles and their chubby little hands. Don't even get me started about the actual joy that fills my heart when a baby falls asleep in my arms. It makes me want a little ball of joy of my own despite the fact that I am 19, in college, and not in any position to have my own child.

So, if you're like me or think you may be, here are some signs and symptoms of baby fever.

1. You already have baby names picked out.

a person brainstorming baby names like abby and jackson while smiling

I have at least three full names picked out for my future children. Some of them may be slightly ridiculous, but that's my issue, not yours.

2. You annoy your significant other with talk about your future children.

a person asking their partner do you want babies

I can't lie, I annoy my boyfriend at length about the possibility of us having little balls of joy. To the point that he's just started saying, "We'll talk about it in a few years." and changing the subject.

3. You want to hold every baby in sight.

a person holding many babies while smiling in a cartoon style

I have the innate urge to ask to hold babies of friends and family all of the time. There's nothing better than holding a baby and listening to them babble.

4. The first thing you do when you hold a new baby is smell them.

a person smelling a baby in a cartoon style

Three words: new baby smell.

5. You'd rather babble with a baby than talk to other adults.

a person playing peekaboo with a baby

Honestly, small talk with other adults is the worst. I'd much rather sit and make baby sounds with a cute lil pudgey baby.

6. You see pictures/videos of babies and automatically 'aww' and show whoever you're with.

a person saying awww out loud while smiling

I reflexively send my best friend every cute baby picture/video I see because I know she will get just as excited as I am.

7. You have to be kept out of the baby isle to prevent a baby fueled rampage.

two women on shopping cartPhoto by Joel Mott on Unsplash

My friends will purposefully take me to every area of the store except the baby section because they know we will spend an unnecessary amount of time looking for things for a baby that I don't have.

8. You are able to find a baby in a room and hold it like it's your spidey sense.

spiderman holding a baby

It's a little alarming.