To All the Class of 2020 Seniors, I'm so sorry
News

It's very disappointing how this all played out

7

Everything kind of happened all at once, and in the blink of an eye you now won't get to experience all the things you were looking forward too and life got put on hold. As a college student, we put in the hard work every semester in order to one day walk across the stage, receive your diploma, and begin your independent adult life the way that you want it, starting a career that you worked hard for in the past several years. Having a momentous occasion like that taken away from you is extremely disappointing and I can't imagine how you would be feeling.

To all the high school seniors right now, I remember years ago when I was a senior doing all the fun events they had for the graduating class, for me that made my entire year, partially because I had bad senioritis and those events and activities were the only things I really cared about. Those were the fun times I spent with my friends back home before we grew up and went our separate ways in college and in life. It's saddening that they were canceled but more so that you don't get a chance to make lasting memories with the people you're close with before you go off in the world to begin working towards your career.

I hope you all still feel a sense of accomplishment in all this. Despite what you had to look forward to taken from you, you all still did it and graduated nonetheless. You still reached the pinnacle of academics within your parameters no matter your standing and that you should be proud. I'm sorry things had to end the way they did for you. Best of luck to you all in the future.