To The Teachers I Will Never Forget

To The Teachers I Will Never Forget

Thank you for everything you do on a daily basis.
678

First and foremost, I want to say thank you. Not for the countless hours you put into preparing lessons, or the countless hours grading assignments and tests. Not for the academic knowledge or in-school lessons. Thank you for the life advice and guidance you imparted on me during my primary education years.

Throughout my K-12 years, I have been blessed with so many wonderful teachers. Wonderful teachers that have made an impact on my life forever. And they definitely do not get the recognition and appreciation they deserve. I’m not even sure if some of my teachers know how much they meant to me. And if you’re reading this: you made an impact on my life and I cannot thank you enough.

The life advice you all gave me stays with me every single day, such as:

Always put your work before hanging out with friends.

Never ignore a dream just because you think it’s too late.

Don’t let go of your passion just because it isn’t popular.

Never allow a friendship/relationship come between you and your responsibilities.

Remember to call your family/friends on their birthday, even if it is 7 A.M.

Saying no is okay.

You are not invincible.

And the sun will always rise tomorrow.

These life lessons have stayed with me through difficult life situations and traumas. They have cheered me up when I’m down and brought me down when I was too proud. I hope you know how important these lessons are, as important, if not more important, than the academics.

Since graduating, I have had ample time to think about the time I spent with teachers and schoolmates. If I could go back, I would try to show more appreciation to each teacher for what they did for their students, including myself. As well as try to persuade others to do the same.

For all of those still in school, take the time to talk to your teachers and get to know them as people. They’re more than graders and behavior monitors. They’re parents, friends, artists, animal adorers, music enthusiasts, athletes, and so much more. They are magnificent people.

To all of the teachers out there, I know we – as students – aren’t always easy. In fact, we usually are crazy and hard to deal with. But I promise you we will always remember the teachers that took the time to look past our crazy and teach us more than academics.

Thank you.