To My Parents On Their 25th Wedding Anniversary

“When we grow older, I hope to be half as happy as you guys are and I will be the happiest person in the world.”- Ross Geller

6062

Mom and dad, I would like to begin this letter by wishing you the heartiest congratulations for completing a milestone in your beautiful journey. This one is for you:

I have known you both all my life individually and with each other and one thing I can say unequivocally is that when you’re together, it truly feels that we are in the presence of love. Your love for each other grows every day as time goes on. The cherished memories in your bond are frozen eternally in time as you continue to make new ones. You have both matured into people I always look up to and you have grown with each other through all the difficult times, and the good times.

Who says the movie/fairytale love is not real? You are the epitome of all the romantic-comedies and Disney movies anyone would ever dream about. The classic boy meets girl, boy loses the girl, some obstacles in the way, and in the end a happily ever after. The difference is, though, that not everyone gets to see what happens after the happily ever after. I was lucky enough to, all these years. Not every day is perfect but you both make the most out it. You laugh, you fight, you forgive, and you unconditionally love. The most important lesson I learned from you is that true love isn’t always perfect.

You love one another with all the little imperfections. Getting through all those imperfect moments is what makes your marriage so perfect. In these twenty-five years, you have been nothing but kind to us. You have put us first ever since you brought us into this world. You learned to have more patience, selflessness, compassion, and, the most important, you learned how to raise a family beautifully. I am so grateful for you both and everything that you have done for me all these years.

As said in psychology, the type of love you have is agape (altruistic); i.e. the most selfless love of all. I cannot think of a person better suited for you both. You are better halves of each other because you are stronger when you’re together.

To mom:

I adore the way you care about dad when he is late and the way you always check up on him even on your busiest days. Dad is a lucky man indeed!

To dad:

The way you look at mom is so dreamy - both when she wakes up and when she is all dressed up! When she is angry or upset you always find ways to put a smile on her face. You treat her like a queen and you always have and you always will.

You both are #goals even in our generation. You are the reasons why we still believe in true love. Cheers to completing a milestone and many more years to come. I love you both. Thank you.