An Open Letter To My Odyssey Team

An Open Letter To My Odyssey Team

Thank you for everything.

24
Sarah Strum

Dear Wooster Odyssey Content Creators,

I just wanted to drop in and say thank you! As Thanksgiving approaches, I have been thinking more and more about the groups in my life that I am thankful for, and one of the stand-outs is our Odyssey community. There are so many things that make me grateful to be your Editor-in-Chief, and this letter only scratches the surface! So, I just want you to know that I am thankful for how you...

1. INSPIRE me

Through your personal stories that you share on our platform, and the way you support each other - I am constantly inspired. It is so nice to see how deeply you care about your various interests and each other. Even though we did not all know each other before joining Odyssey, we have become our own little community and I am proud of how we encourage each other.

2. ENCOURAGE me

Although you may not realize it, you all encourage me to be even bolder in my writing and not to be afraid of expressing my opinions or being controversial. You encourage me in our little conversations when we venture to talking about topics not Odyssey related. You’re daring, and I admire that.

3. TRUST me

The role of an editor-in-chief can not be done successfully if there is not a sense of trust between the editor and the writers.Thank you for trusting me. Trusting me with your words, your stories, and your ideas. Thank you for relying on me to get the job done while maintaining the integrity and nobility of all your work.

4. TEACH me

You guys know so much! With the wide-range of interests and perspectives that exist in our community, I have learned so much about topics I would have never known before. I have learned about biology, movies, cities, baseball, ecosystems, religion, vegan eating, novels and so much more!

5. EMPOWER me

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do something I love. I was so scared to start the Odyssey community at Wooster and did not know if it would even be successful. But, because of all of you it has been one of the most rewarding things I've done during my college career.

I will be forever thankful for all of you and what you do!

Please check out the College of Wooster Odyssey page to see even more of the amazing articles our team has created! Chances are, they'll inspire you too.