An Open Letter To My Guy Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Guy Best Friend

No, I do not like him like that.

234

To the guy, I share sad playlists with, talk to about anything and everything, and the guy I will never see as anything more than a best friend,

Thank you for being in my life.

The definition of the term "close friend" can be defined as somebody who you can talk about everything with and it's someone who makes you feel comfortable without fear of judgment. You give me a different perspective on things. I can tell you anything and if there is judgment it's only because it is what I need to hear. You have always been the best at looking out for me, even though you are known to hurt my feelings with your harsh jokes that I know I should just take as jokes but don't.

The truth is we don't talk everyday because we have completely separate lives and that's okay. We still know almost every single detail about each other. We know our favorites and dislikes, but most importantly we know when we need each other. There are times we both like to be left alone and there are times when we just need a hug. Thank you for knowing me enough to notice when I need a hug even though no one else realizes.

I will always be the one to support you at all of your sporting events, and that's not just because I'm standing next to you on the sidelines. It's because I want you to succeed in everything you do. You have big things ahead of you. You're incredibly intelligent and have great determination. There is no doubt in my mind that you will grow to be successful and happy, and you deserve that.

Thank you for the memories, the support, and the shoulder to cry on. I love you best friend.