An Open Letter To My Guy Best Friend

Having a group of girls to do everything with is always great, but it's also nice to have a male companion to escape from girly things every once in a while.

Thank you for endless laughter. Whenever you sense that I'm in a bad mood, rather than having me talk it out, you try to make me feel better, usually with jokes and terrible singing. You always know the right thing to say to put a smile on my face and to make my stomach hurt from laughter.

Thank you for being there at all hours of the day. Sometimes when it seems like no one cares, you always make a point to show that you do. I'm afraid to bother other people with my problems, but you're always more than willing to talk to me. You rationalize everything I say and talk sense into me when I'm being ridiculous.

Thank you for adventures – late-night donut trips, walks around the park, food and ice cream runs, and trips to the beach. I can always count on you to be up for anything, and I know it'll always be a blast. Nothing is better for the soul than blaring music and singing my heart out in the car with you.

Thank you for encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone. It may take some persuasion and maybe even some bribing, but you always convince me to try new things.

Thanks for being an over-around great human. Your generosity is inspiring. You take the word "kind" to a whole new level. I strive to one day to be half as nice as you are.

Thank you for never judging me and my appearance. I know you'll never judge me for eating a ton of food because I can count on you to order way more. I've never seen anyone demolish an entire pizza like you have. Whenever you see me in my pajamas or without makeup, you never make a comment about how sloppy I look, which means more than you know.

Thank you for supporting me. You always encourage me to follow my dreams and to aim high. Nothing seems unreachable when I'm talking about it with you.

Thank you for your constant positivity. You've never had a terrible outlook on life, even when nothing is going your way. It's a reminder for me to stay strong when things aren't looking too great because the storm will always pass. You always help me imagine a more positive outcome and stop me from letting my mind wander to the worst case scenario.

Thank you for your great taste in music. I've learned to appreciate new genres and bands all because you would force me to listen to them.

Thank you for sticking by my side all of this time. I know I'm a lot to handle, and I'm sure I annoy the hell out of you all the time. So thanks for putting up with me and never complaining.

I appreciate you and our sarcastic friendship. It means so much to me knowing we'll be friends forever and you're always just a call or text away.

Your Best Friend