Poetry On Odyssey: An Assault Of The Mind

For the man who was supposed to help me, but instead ruined my mind.

107

i sit at a white cloth table

decorated with illuminating silverware

a flickering vanilla laced candle

mocks what is left

of the soft glow in my chest

there are soft hues surrounding

my ethereal visions of a dream,

one where he comes to me and

i consent to his visitation

without him, i am dull

he owns me

i am his princess

covered in rose petals

and innocence

he sits opposite of me

with his ways of wisdom

he reaches across the table

to pluck each petal from my

rotting mind

"you are uninhabitable without me,

i can fix you

and make you into a home again,"

he whispers to me

the last petal falls to the floor.

as he leaves, the candle burns out

to a crisp coal

i turn into a small twinkling ember

i take my last breath

and i disappear.

-an assault of the mind

The Human Mind Is Etrxraoidrnay

Cna yuo raed tihs?

56

Can you read this article with perfect fluidity, or maybe not perfect, but with little to no trouble at all? Well, that's your uoncsncuios mind at work. A Cambridge study found that this is baecsue the brain does not read every letter individually but isntaed reads the word as a whole, and we are able to read the sentence whtiuot much trouble as long as the first and last letters are in the correct place.

This phenomenon has a more than a fttinig name in Typoglycemia, in which readers are able to decipher a text even with mssipeslilngs and misplaced ltteres.

Image result for Typoglycemia titles

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/298926494002391137

Though this does not wrok with just any jumbling of ltteres as tehre are smoe important key factors that enable readers to comprehend the txet.

The frist is making the passage predictable. Being albe to predict the nxet word based on cnoetxt of the sentence aids us in reading jmbueld up words because we have already seen tehm.

Sentence structure wrods such as "The" and "Be" need to be slleped correctly as these words play crucial rloes in maintaining the stenncee srtutucre which hpels the brain to make cocrret predictions of what wrods will cmoe next.

Jumbling up the wrod in a crteian way is aslo very ipomtanrt as you want try try to keep the sound srtutucre of the wrod intact which wlil enable you to pronounce the wrod in your haed or out loud mroe precisely. You can aslo ircnasee and drceasee the difficulty of certain wrods by ircnaseing the distance in wihch you switch the ltteres around from their original psioiotn.

As you have probably breezed through the mispellings throughout the article try this one as it is much harder than the rest. The answer is at the bottom

https://www.dictionary.com/e/typoglycemia/

Tihs dseon't maen we can jsut mssipesll everything as it deos hvae an acefft on our radenig seepd tohguh as dmeotnsarted aovbe tehre is a crteian art to mssipeslilng things ceorrtcly.