A Letter To Me

A Letter To Me

This is everything you've ever needed to hear.

15
A Letter To Me
PopSugar

First of all I want to say thank you. The road hasn't been easy for you and I just want to thank you for having the courage to continue on even though you weren't dealt an easy hand in this life. You see, all we have are the cards we're dealt and it's up to us to figure out how to play the hand and you've done it well. There have been some setbacks and a few things that have completely blindsided you. I'm not going to lie and say that you haven't been knocked down a time or two but you continued to get back up and, for that, I am so proud of you. You are full of wounds and covered in scars but still standing on your feet.

Just keep going. You are fearless. You are strong. You are smart. You are kind. You have the biggest heart. You are beautiful. Do not let this world that is continuously trying to beat you down and crush your spirit be successful. Do not let them change who you are. You have found yourself and you have managed to stay true to yourself through everything you've faced in your life so far. Do not let them cheapen that or take that from you. You know the weight that has been placed on your shoulders and you were assigned this mountain to show others how it can be moved. Show them.

Remember that you have a right to be happy. You still sing and dance in the shower and have kept your playful personality. Though others have tried to crush your spirit, you still look at them and try to see the good. But remember that you also have the right to walk away from negativity. You don't owe anything to anyone. Don't feel guilty for leaving those behind who refuse to treat you with the respect you deserve. Don't you dare. You owe it to yourself to look out for your own well-being and this means leaving things and people who do nothing but harm to your life. Don't try to make excuses for them because, knowing you, you have already given them a million and one more chances than they deserved.

As always, remember to keep your eyes and your heart set on God above. Thank Him every morning and every night for everything that has brought you this far and for those who are still with you as well as for the time spent with those who are not. There's a reason for everything. Don't worry so much and trust Him always. He knows what He's doing. And don't you dare ever question yourself or your importance because He has given you purpose. He knew your name long before you ever even set foot on this earth and He has a plan for you. Trust it.

You have been through so much more than anyone could ever imagine and you still have so far to go. The battle isn't over yet, but the war has already been won. Remember that. There are a million more things that I could say to you, but it all boils down to this: Keep your head up and stay true to yourself. You only get this one life and then it's over. Blink and you miss it. Stay fearless, stay humble, and always be kind.