Dear Mom, Have I Ever Told You?

Dear Mom, Have I Ever Told You?

You're appreciated.

481767
Dear Mom, Have I Ever Told You?
Jill Alaimo

Dear Mom,

I just wanted to say thank you for being the best role model a girl could ask for. For all those times that I complained about something that seemed like such a big deal at the time, thank you for keeping me sane and assuring me you just want the best for me. Although often times I don't show it, I would be lost without you.

Your constant guidance has taught me many things throughout these years. Without you, I would never know right from wrong. Whether it was as simple as an inappropriate outfit I wore at the age of 16, or as stressful as what I want to do when I grow up, you have always been right there guiding me in the right direction.

Your constant love inspires me. You never fail to cheer me up when I'm sad or send me an "I love you" text message, just because. When I'm having a bad day, one minute I'm in the best mood ever and the next I'm miserable and for some reason, you don't get upset.

I know you will always tell me the truth. Whether I want to hear it or not, you know what's best and you make sure I know that. I know I can always look to you for advice because you will tell me how it is and that's what I love about you.

Thanks for being my biggest fan. Ever since I was a little girl you have been at everything. Every awards ceremony, every sports game, every dance recital, and every birthday party. Rain or shine, I know I can count on you to be there and to be honest, that's the best feeling in the world.

You're my "go-to." If I have a question involving school, boys, friends, work, sickness or dinner, you know the answer. They say moms know everything and they're not wrong. I don't know how you do it, but your intelligence amazes me.

Lastly, thank you for being my best friend. I wouldn't be the person I am today without you. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a mother like you and I wouldn't change it for a thing. Even though we have had our fair share of disagreements, we make up for it with all the good times and memories we share together. I just want you to know, you are the best mom in the whole wide world and I hope someday I am half the woman you are.

Love Always,

Your little girl