As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to realize how the time spent with my family has gotten so minimal. Now-a-days I'm out with friends, studying, working, or just hanging out in my room watching the newest episode of whatever show on Netflix or binge watching KPOP videos (your favorite ha ha ha).

Being in college, I seem to have forgotten about the people who got me to where I am, and I’ve especially forgotten about the one person who pushed me to make me into the person I’ve become, my mother.

Dear Mom,

I apologize if I don’t take every chance I have to say I love, I apologize if sometimes I act like I don’t, I apologize for the times I made your life harder(aka everyday lol).

But I love you. So much. Unconditionally.

I love you even when I am arguing with you over the silliest thing just to prove a point, you know I LOVE to be right. However, I know you are always right but I have to show you that I have my own voice, that I have my own words, that I don’t have to follow everything you say even if it’s the right thing. I’m trying to learn from my own mistakes. I’m trying to be myself — just like you taught me.

I love you even when I don’t agree with your decisions. You’re too kind sometimes, too forgiving, too strong, too understanding, and ESPECIALLY too accommodating and it drives me crazy. But I understand why you do it, I understand how big your heart is and how you are and I understand why you don’t want to leave people feeling unloved. You also try your darn hardest to protect me from getting hurt and I know it's frustrating to see me make bad decisions.

I sometimes forget that you know what you're doing, I sometimes forget that your wisdom and love surpasses what my heart can feel and my head can comprehend.

I want to tell you how I am sorry. I’m sorry for all of the times I fought with you, for the times I’ve let you down.

Sometimes I tend to lose sight of the things that are most important to me. I never meant to fight with you when you told me stuff because you knew it was in my best interest.

I know I don't call as much as I should but I love you even when I’m away, when I go months without seeing you. I miss you even though I don’t always tell you.

I love you because your love is still and will always be the greatest love anyone has ever given me.

I’m sorry if I don’t tell you I love you more often, I’m sorry if I sometimes forget that you need love also, that you want to be nurtured too, and that you need to be taken care of instead. I also forget because you never ask for it, you’re always giving and loving as if your satisfaction comes from the love you give rather than the love you receive.

II love you because you’re the reason why I’m living and you’re the reason why I’m surviving. So if I get too rebellious or too busy, too adventurous, too independent or too stubborn, just remember that I love you.

You are the strongest person I know, full of love and motivation, and I am incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to have that all of my life. So, Mom, I love you so much, to the ends of the Earth and until the day I’m no longer walking on it.