advice to my younger sibling

Advice To My Younger Sisters, Who I Love Dearly

No matter what we encounter through out your lives individually, I will be by your side to help you and give you a shoulder to cry, yell, or laugh on.

150
Kayla Bishop

Dear Younger Sisters,

I am not writing this because I do not think you do not already know this stuff already, I am writing this just because I want you to know as your older sister I have gone through it before as well and you will be okay. Even though we are not that far apart in ages, it is crazy watching you both grow up and do things that I have done first. I never had someone to look up to or watch do things first like drive a car or graduate high school, but you do and I want to give you advice on whatever I can to make it easier for you!

First, I want to let you know that boys, especially in high school, will be everywhere. There will always be that boy that you swoon over and find so cute that you can't help but stare at him when he walks by. Honestly though, that is an awesome feeling. But, if a boy ever asks you on a date KNOW YOUR WORTH. Obviously make sure that dad approves because if dad does not approve then the boy has to go! Do not be co-dependent in your relationships, be your own person. Always be yourself first and do not ever rely on a boy for happiness. You are freaking awesome and do not need a boy to make you realize that.

When you go off to college there might be some people that you see rarely or never talk to again and that is OKAY. Not everyone will stay in your life forever and you all are going to go on different paths. Some people might still be there to catch up with here and there and if you are lucky you will have a few people who you stay in contact with but do not let it bother you if you never talk to people again. Life is all about meeting new people and trying new things so make sure you do this in college, especially if you go away!

Now, even though you are my little sisters I want you to know that I look up to you in so many ways. I love seeing you guys grow up and sometimes I wish I did things different the way you guys are doing things. You guys motivate me to work harder for the things I deserve and need. I feel like you guys are way more mature than I was at your age and I am very proud of you!

Lastly, just know that whatever we go through we are going to go through together and we are going to be best friends forever! No matter what we encounter through out your lives individually, I will be by your side to help you and give you a shoulder to cry, yell or laugh on. You guys may be my little sisters but you are both so grown up and I am super excited to see where life takes you both. Just know that I love you both deep down no matter what!

Love,

Your Favorite Older Sister