5 Pieces Of Advice To The Graduating Senior In High School

During this time of change, make sure to stick to your core values and roots.

133
Unsplash

It's almost graduation season and as you try to find the perfect white dress, go on to plan your graduation parties and make a summer bucket list to complete before college starts, here are some pieces of advice to think about before the celebrations begin.

1. Have the most relaxing summer of your life

This will be the last summer you have where you won't have to worry about taking summer classes, finding an internship, working at a job or doing research so take the time to take a meaningful break! This is the perfect opportunity to go on vacation, take a road trip, catch up on all the Netflix shows you haven't already seen and go to the beach as many times as humanly possible.

2. Spend time with the people that matter

Chances are, most of your closest friends and family will not be near your once the school year starts, so it's important to make time for the ones who matter. This is also the perfect time to understand that it's okay to let go of friendships that have faded away and remove negative people from your life.

3. Get organized

While college is still a few months away, it's never too early to start looking towards the future and start planning! A perfect place to start is to browse through your school's website and see what kind of organizations there are on campus. Another way to learn about your university is to reach out to someone who currently attends that school and get the inside scoop on all the best places to eat, study and relax.

4. Embrace the bittersweetness

While high school graduation may not seem pivotal in the grand scheme of things, it's an important accomplishment for a variety of reasons. It marks the beginning of independence and the end of childhood and what has been familiar to you for the past 12 years. Even though it is scary to think about what is to come, try to embrace all that this moment is giving you! Reflect on your past and welcome the uncertainty of the future with open arms.

5. Don't forget your roots

During this time of change, make sure to stick to your core values and roots. Although you will grow into a stronger and more independent person in the next few months, don't forget where you came from and what you believe in.