This is a response to the article, "11 Things Every Girl Just Needs In Her Life."
Once in while, I know every women, especially women in their 20s, need some pieces of advice that they need to hear in their lives. Life isn't perfect after all. I know that from experience as a woman. Here are 11 pieces of advice every women needs to hear in their lives.
1. Save a lot of money while you're still young.
Trust me. Your older self will thank you later. Especially in this expensive economy. Plan your budget accordingly.
2. Try something new, even if it scares you.
You're not getting any younger. If you want to try something new, then go for it. If not now, then when?
3. Your past does not define your future.
You can start over and reinvent yourself at any point in your life.
4. It's okay to lose the people that you love.
Friends, lovers, and family members come and go in our lives. Nothing lasts forever so make the best of your time with those you love until they're gone.
5. Age does not define your worth.
Don't let age stop you from doing the things that you want to do in life.
6. You define your own success in life.
Whether if you trying to become a doctor, model, artist, lawyer, or anything else, your own path to become successful is entirely up to you.
7. Don't compare. Everyone is on their own timeline.
Comparison is the theft of joy. No one's timeline is alike.
8. Try to be nice to everyone because you never know what they are going through.
Being nice is easier said than done unless they (people) hurt others intentionally.
9. You can change careers.
You do not have to be set on one career path for the rest of your life. You can change it.
10. Be your true self.
By being your true self, people who are meant to be in your life will support you no matter what and will always love you.
11. You have to do what's best for you.
This is your life and no one else's. You make your own decisions on what you want in life. Don't let anyone define your decisions or tell you what to do.