Women Should Not Dumb Themselves Down For Men

Despite what the movies and relationship experts suggest.

394
Tolnyes

How does a woman attract a man? Is it with her wit? Is it with her looks or charm?

Some women believe that a woman has to 'dumb herself' down to attract a man. Men usually don't notice when this is happening because they believe this is a first impression. There is nothing different they know from these women. Why do women do this to attract men?

Women believe that dumbing themselves down is a way to boost a man's ego so they are more attractive to him. Women who have doctorates and impeccable resumes are caught pretending they are uneducated. Women also pose questions to which they know the answer to men to make men feel more intelligent.

Even movies depict that women need to dumb down to attract men. The movie "House Bunny" jokingly suggests that character Natalie, played by Emma Stone, has to stop being smart in front of Coby, the frat guy she likes, to start dating him. As soon as she starts to 'not smart talk', Natalie starts to get the guy. Does society enforce this view through other movies and media?

Relationship expert Matthew Hussey says men are not attracted to woman who are intelligent. Only a small pool of men are attracted to intelligent women. A woman should not show their educational side. He says women should not be pompous about having superior knowledge. Men are attracted to women who are socially smart, and who can carry on a conversation appropriate to the social setting.

I don't agree men don't like or seek out knowledgeable or intelligent women. I will agree they do attract other intelligent men, but isn't that what women want? This is my advice...

WOMEN, PICK A MAN WHO LOVES YOU FOR YOU!

At the end of the day, women, don't we want to be with men who love us for us? Be with a man that we can be ourselves in front of? Someone who you can have a conversation with and talk about what you want as a woman?

Women should be proud of who they are and of their academic and professional accomplishments. Women should have the confidence that a man would be attracted to who they are as a person. Women, please don't pretend to be someone you are not.