9 Things I Will Never Do Again, Now That I'm Older

2. Not wear rain boots when it's raining.
174

I believe that regret has no place in a healthy and fulfilling life.

I actively try not to regret things on a daily basis. I know at some point we've all done something we regret. Even so, there are some things I've done that I will never do again. Some of these are silly, here is a list of things that I will never do again.

I apologize in advance for the double negatives.

1. Not care about what I eat.

Patrick Star

Basically, I will always care about what I eat. I am not the perfect picture of health, nor do I pretend to be. I did go through a period where I didn't really care about what I ate or focus on it too much, as most teenagers and college students do. I've tried to be more health conscious and limit certain items in my diet, like dairy. I found that I just feel better when I do.

singing in the rain dancing GIF

Basically, I will always wear rain boots. For a long time, I went without rain boots. Once I experienced running across campus in the rain without an umbrella or rainboots while carrying Chipotle; from that point on I will always wear rain boots when it rains. Wet shoes and feet are the actual worst.

3. Not pay attention to where my money goes.

pay me jenny slate GIF

In college and before I didn't really budget or watch where my money was going. When you don't pay attention, money just disappears. Never again will I let this happen!

4. Fly in coach on an eight hour plus flight.

amy poehler drinking GIF

This one is honestly mostly wishful thinking. I would love to always fly in first class. Planes are just uncomfortable. If I have enough money and plan for travel, you bet I'll fly first class.

5. Shame myself or anyone else for feelings experienced.

the lion king shame GIF

I have never intentionally shamed myself or someone else for their actions or feelings, but I'm sure it's happened nonetheless. I just want to strive to be a better listening ear without making people feel ashamed. It's the quickest way to disconnect with people.

6. Waste time doing activities that don't matter to me.

oprah winfrey GIF

I've done some activities before that have honestly not really made me very happy. I am more selective now about how I choose to spend my time, even though I still stay incredibly busy. I want to spend my time productively and happily.

7. Wash my sheets once every couple months.

bored cat GIF by Cheezburger

In college, I didn't wash my sheets that often. Looking back, I'm horrified by this. Now I wash my sheets at least once every two weeks- and probably more like once a week! I'm obsessive about it now. It's just nice to sleep in clean sheets.

8. Wait to go to the doctor.

help greys anatomy help me cristina yang sandra oh GIF

There are times when I've had a skin rash that I thought would get better, and it didn't. Every treatment I tried is what I ended up being told not to do. I tried to go to the doctor, but by the time I tried to go I couldn't get in for a couple weeks. It's just not worth waiting, especially when you just want to feel better.

9. Not write down my thoughts.

noted jimmy fallon GIF

I feel so much better when I actually write down my thoughts. It's how I process things.

I'm sure everyone comes to realizations sometimes about things that they never want to do again. Growing as a person is a process, and I just want to strive to be better every day. What are you vowing to never do again?