Nine Reasons Why Donald Trump Should Never Be President
Politics

Here's a list of reasons that makes Trump unfit to be the leader of the free world.

24
CNN

With the first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton behind us, there has been a lot of talk about how Trump was effectively trounced by Clinton. Even though I dislike both candidates personally, Clinton was still able to prove herself capable of highlighting Trump's sheer ineptitude as a candidate and that her administration would at least serve as the lesser of two evils if anything else. While Clinton may have her own faults as a candidate, Trump being president threatens the future of not only the country, but potentially the world. Here is a list of positions that should disqualify Trump from becoming the next President of the United States.

1. He Wants To Violate International Law

As someone who claims to be the "law and order" candidate, Trump contradicts himself immensely when it comes to what is arguably the most important law of all, international law. According to the Donald, the Geneva Conventions are "the problem" and we should torture suspected terrorists (even if it doesn't work) by "bringing back worse than waterboarding." He also says we should take out the families of terrorists, which means he wants to kill civilians who have nothing to do with the conflict itself. So apparently all that stuff about having a right to a fair trial, innocent until proven guilty, and NOT attacking women and children is merely a pesky distraction for someone who intends to run our country as a de facto terrorist rogue nation.

2. He Wants To "Open Up" Our Libel Laws

As you can probably tell by now, Trump is not exactly a fan of people (especially those in the media) who criticize him for whatever reason. Despite free speech's protection under the First Amendment and the Supreme Court's ruling in New York Times v. Sullivan regarding claims of defamation, Trump wants to act as the dictator of America and punish those who dare defy his will. If Trump were to get his way, he would sue and bankrupt me for writing this article pointing out what's wrong with him. He had already banned several media outlets from receiving press credentials because they treated him "unfairly" apparently. While he has since reversed this ban in recent weeks, the fact that he had such a ban in the first place indicates how little he really cares for the First Amendment and our right to free speech and press.

3. He Wants The 99% To Pay More In Taxes

Trump claims to want to "make America great again" by rebuilding our roads, bridges, airports, etc., but how does he plan to get that done? Obviously our tax-payer dollars should be used for projects like this, but who will shoulder most of the burden under a Trump administration? According to his tax plan, the top one percent of Americans would receive an average cut of about $122,400, while the middle class may only get a cut of about $500, if even that. So that means the middle class would have to pay a lot more to cover for Trump and his fellow rich buddies not paying their fair share. Trump even boasted in the last debate that not paying his taxes "makes him smart." More like a lazy freeloader who cares nothing for the average American worker.

4. He Wants To Default on Federal Debt

As someone who went bankrupt with his businesses at least six times, Donald Trump should not be in a position to oversee our country's economy. He says he wants to eliminate the national debt in under eight years, which is impossible to do in reasonable terms and is not necessarily advised when you consider the fact that having a certain amount of public debt is actually better for private surplus. So how does he plan to do this? His brilliant idea is to default on our debt, saying “I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.” In other words, he wants to treat our economy like one of his failed businesses and allow it to crash, so long as he can enrich himself in the process. With the dollar as the world's reserve currency, this would plunge the globe into an economic apocalypse far worse than the Great Depression.

5. He Is Clueless About The Dangers of Nuclear Weapons

Donald Trump has lived most of his life through the tense and paranoid years of the Cold War era, but now appears to have forgotten about the dire ramifications that nuclear weapons pose for the planet. He doesn't want to "take any cards off the table" about bombing our allies in Europe, since it is "a big place" after all, and asks three times why can't we use nuclear weapons if we make them. He doesn't even know what the nuclear triad is, which should be extremely important to know about if you're running for President of the United States, just saying. All of this suggests that Trump would look at our nuclear code and become the presidential equivalent of Dee-Dee from the Dexter's Laboratory cartoon, going "what does this button do?" as he wipes London and/or Paris off the map.

6. He Is Hypocritical on Free Trade

One of the main selling points of Donald Trump's campaign is his rhetoric on the issue of free trade and our jobs being outsourced overseas. As a businessman himself, you'd think he would at least be consistent and keep his own jobs in the United States too, right? Wrong. As you can see in the photo above, he has his own products made in China instead of America, despite going on and on about how all the trade deals we've been apart of have hemorrhaged jobs from our country. This is not to defend Hillary Clinton (who lobbied for the TPP 45 times and called it "the gold standard") on this issue, but the fact that Trump doesn't live by his own words and bring his own jobs back makes his rhetoric on revitalizing our manufacturing industry ring hollow.

7. He Legitimizes Bigotry in Politics

Donald Trump's rhetoric is the logical conclusion of the Republican Party's Southern Strategy. What earlier politicians used to say in the form of dog whistles is now laid bare for all to see by Donald Trump. Right out of the gate he called Mexicans "rapists" who bring drugs and crime (he assumes some are good people), called for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims coming into the country, and attacked the family of a slain war hero on the basis of their Islamic background. He has also insulted women on numerous occasions, like when he insinuated that Megyn Kelly was on her period and most recently went after former Miss Universe model Alicia Machado. If Trump wins the presidency, we can expect more politicians to use this divisive rhetoric to rile up the masses in the future.

8. He Wants to Eliminate Essential Regulatory Agencies

Under a Trump administration, we can expect to become more like China and have little to no regulations that would ensure a basic quality of life for the population. Trump has said he wants to abolish the EPA so if he gets his way, you can say goodbye to clean air and water as polluting corporations run amuck throughout the land. He also has a bone to pick with the so-called "food police" so he would like to eliminate the FDA as well and ensure that we all die of cholera and E.coli outbreaks like the madman that he is. Add the cherry on top of freezing all new regulations and you have an absolute catastrophe on your hands likely to be made worse by the next and final reason.

9. He Will Exacerbate The Effects of Climate Change

Regardless of Trump's illogical opinions, climate change is an actual threat to the planet and we must do more to mitigate its devastating effects. The problem with Trump is that if he were president, he would act on his own stupidity and doom all of mankind to an early grave. Despite the ever-increasing evidence of climate change's validity, what with every passing month appearing to be Earth's hottest ever recorded and all, Trump wants to tear up the Paris climate agreement and increase the use of polluting fossil fuels, which would impede if not destroy whatever progress we have made so far in tackling this ever-looming danger. In fact, I'm so terrified at this prospect that I'm considering whether or not I should in fact vote for Hillary Clinton, despite my serious reservations toward her, just to stop this sociopath from destroying our beautiful world.