8 Ways To Spice Up Your Morning Routine

8 Ways To Spice Up Your Morning Routine

What things do you do to start your day off right?

331
8 Ways To Spice Up Your Morning Routine

Mornings... they are probably the toughest part of the day, but who says mornings have to be hard? They can easily become the most important and productive part of your day! There are plenty of ways to shake up your morning routine that can help the rest of your day run smoothly. Keep reading to see how you can spice up your mornings!

1. Write Out A To-Do List For The Day.

I'm not saying don't be ambitious, but be realistic. Don't write down twenty things when you are really focused on only five or six things. Plus, looking at an endless list will only stress you out. Take it day by day. You can always add to it if you accomplish all of your goals for that day!

2. Get Up And Get Moving.

One word: exercise! I recently started to get back to my morning running routine, and I can feel a difference. Sure, it's not so fun waking up earlier, but I never regret it. As soon as I get back from my run I am ready to tackle the day. I have more motivation to get ready and I am more alert.

3. Take Some Time For Self-Care.

It's easy to roll out of bed and head to class. We are all guilty of it from time to time. Brush through your hair, wash your face, and change out of your pajamas (i.e., the leggings and t-shirt). Or set aside time to make yourself an actual breakfast. We've all heard the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" spiel. You will feel so much better by doing one or all of these little things to take care of yourself.

4. Write Your Thoughts Down.

Have a crazy, hectic day ahead of you? Are you already starting to feel the stress and anxiety build up. Clear your head by journaling for a few minutes every morning. Write whatever comes to mind. It doesn't have to make sense to others. You are the only one that is going to see it.

5. Create A Morning Playlist.

We all have those songs that get us up and dancing. Put together a playlist that inspires you to jump out of bed and start your day. Music is a powerful thing and it could just be the cure to get you up and moving!

6. Listen To A Podcast.

There is a podcast for everything... literally. Start your day by listening to your favorite podcast. It will help your brain to wake up. While you are getting ready and doing your hair and make-up you have time to reflect and think about what the podcast is talking about.

7. Find A Motto For The Day.

Maybe it is something you thought of when you woke up or it is something you found on Pinterest the day before. Whatever it is... stick to that motto. Choose one that pertains to what you have going on that day. Whenever you're faced with a challenge remember it. See what happens...

8. Set Aside Some Time To Meditate.

Take a step back from social media and spend ten minutes every morning meditating. Refresh yourself and prepare to tackle the day ahead of you. Create a little space in your room, living room, or outside that is peaceful and allows you to relax.

What things do you routinely do to start your day off right?