8 Ways To Have A Relaxing Night In

8 Ways To Have A Relaxing Night In

Because we can’t afford to go out every weekend.

1142
8 Ways To Have A Relaxing Night In

In college, there’s definitely that pressure to go out all of the time in order to have fun. Although going out is fun, everyone needs a night in once in awhile. College can be stressful, and everyone needs a break from all of the craziness that accompanies it.

You don’t have to justify having a night to yourself, everyone needs one. Here are a few things that you can do to pass the time.

1. Read a book.

Yeah, I know, you read all of the time for class. But when was the last time that you read a book just for fun? Don’t read something complicated, just grab something that you’ve been meaning to read but haven’t. Is there a book you meant to read when you were an angsty 13-year old, but didn’t? You don’t have to tell anyone, no worries.

2. Take a bath.

Baths are highly underrated. They are a free way to relax, and in college, that’s important. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try a bath bomb. Lush has a few fairly inexpensive and natural bath bombs that can turn a simple bath into a luxurious spa night.

Here are some suggestions for bath bombs:

Ickle Baby Bot

This one smells like lavender and chamomile and induces sleep, so it's perfect if you want to take a bath and catch up any lost zzz's. An added bonus, it’s only $3.95!

Blackberry

This one smells like berries and turns the water a shimmery purple, if you’re feeling mysterious. It costs $6.40, and will make your bath a sparkling one!

3. Eat some ice cream.

Why not? No one is around, it’s your night off and you deserve it. Ben and Jerry’s even makes dairy-free ice cream for those who are in need of a milk alternative.

4. Color in a coloring book.

Art therapy is proven to be extremely effective. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the workload from college, try coloring in an adult coloring book! They make so many different themed ones that it’s really easy to find one that suits your personality.

5. Organize your room!

Most stress, and I can personally attest to this, is exacerbated by lack of organization. Cleaning and organizing isn’t the most fun thing to do, but it can really help in the long run. Taking 20 minutes to organize your closet can make mornings go by so much faster, especially if you oversleep after snoozing your alarm 100 times.

6. Do some yoga.

Yoga is such a great way to relieve the stress of college. It’s very easy to learn, especially with YouTube. There are plenty of beginner yoga videos out there. If you don’t have a yoga mat, you can easily use a bath towel or borrow one from a friend. Just be careful not to overdo it your first time.

7. Binge an entire season on Netflix.

Or a few episodes, if that seems like too much. Everyone has that one show that they've been meaning to watch but haven’t yet. If you don’t have Netflix, sign into your friend’s account. Or your neighbor's. Anyone’s really. Just watch some Netflix.

8. Sleep.

Maybe you don’t want to do any of these things—maybe you just want to sleep, and that’s totally acceptable. Lock your door, put some ear plugs in if you need to and sleep for as long as you can. God knows that you’ll need the sleep once Monday comes around again.

College can be fun, but stressful at times. Plus, we are all broke, so going out can get expensive. Spending a night in doesn’t have to be a punishment, as long as you don’t treat it like one. Everyone needs a quiet night to themselves sometimes, so don’t be afraid to take one!