8 Ways Frat Guys Are Actually Just Dads

8 Ways Frat Guys Are Actually Just Dads

Are dads just frat guys who never grew up, or are frat guys dads who haven't grown up?

3818
8 Ways Frat Guys Are Actually Just Dads
Twitter

We’ve all been there. It’s parent’s weekend, and you cannot distinguish fraternity guys from their dads. You literally have no idea who is who from behind. It’s wild. Some might call it a phenomenon that’s sweeping college campuses everywhere.

Turns out your dad and your fratstar boyfriend probably share these things in common:

1. Fraternity guys listen to the same music your dad does.

They love classic rock. Or '90s hip-hop, and The Grateful Dead.

2. Fraternity guys wear the same clothes your dad does.

In fact, they probably took some of their dad’s old clothes. Now that I think of it, preppy guys wear the same attire all their lives. Golf polos, button downs, khakis, boat shoes, bean boots, vests, and Chacos with socks. In all honesty, it’s not a bad thing. It looks good. They look good in their gear. Except pledge gear. That is what uncool dads wear. It’s a polo tucked into light wash blue jeans, with New Balances. It’s almost as ugly as the sandals with socks thing they like to do. Frat guys love to rock the Disney-Dad look.

3. Fraternity guys probably have the same interests your dad does.

I don’t know too many fraternity guys who actually play golf or sail regularly. It’s probably because those hobbies are expensive, and they spend every last dime to their name on alcohol and God only knows what else. But they sure do like to act like they enjoy that stuff. Maybe they do enjoy the same stuff your dad does? The difference here is that your dad can actually afford the expensive things in life, whereas your fratstar boyfriend probably cannot.

4. Fraternity guys and dads eat ANYTHING.

Maybe this is just a guy thing, but I’ve seen brothers eat pizza that’s very questionable. Likewise, I’ve seen my dad eat substances that I didn’t even know were edible.

5. Fraternity guys and dads operate under the walk-it-off theory.

It’s like, if you physically cannot walk, then we’ll give it a week and if you still can’t walk we’ll take you to an urgent care. “Give it a week.” There have been times I’m 1000 percent sure someone should’ve gone to the ER, but they glued up their wounds and “walked it off.” Dads are the same way. When I was 8, I fell off a basketball hoop and landed sideways on my ankle. My dad literally told me to count to 10 and walk it off. My freshman year roommate’s boyfriend busted his knee on a nail and glued it together with super glue. It happens.

6. Fraternity guys and your dad have a way with words.

They say the most inappropriate and cringe worthy things. If your dad was in a fraternity he probably still says things you thought you’d only hear in a fraternity house. Things that make you go, “What the actual...?” Or, “Ew, that’s disgusting.” They say and do the most embarrassing things.

7. Fraternity guys have the same body shape as your dad.

Dad bods are real. They’ve taken hold of fraternities. Fraternity guys have flabby bellies because they drink too much, don’t exercise and eat fast food. Dads have flabby bellies because they’re old, have a full-time job, stress, are old, and probably still eat too much and not exercise. BUT, when they were our age they were skinny. However, to a frat guy, a dad bod is associated with a prosperous career, a “smokin’ hot” wife, and ability to live just like they did in their glory days.

8. We can’t help but love ‘em.

No matter how gross, embarrassing, cheesy and goofy they are, we still love ‘em. There’s something inherently charming about frat guys. They still manage to win our hearts even with their dad-like degeneracy.